PARK AVENUE ARMORY
New York, NY 10065
PARK AVENUE ARMORY
Part American palace, part industrial shed, Park Avenue Armory is dedicated to supporting unconventional works in the visual and performing arts that need non-traditional spaces for their full realization, enabling artists to create, students to experience, and audiences to consume epic and adventurous presentations that cannot be mounted elsewhere in New York City. Since 2007, the Armory has opened its doors to visionary artists, directors, and impresarios who provided extraordinary experiences in a range of art forms.
Overseeing all Front of House and Box Office Operations the Director of Audience Services will create and sustain a positive customer experience for patrons, visitors and guests of the Armory. This position is responsible for recruiting, training and motivating a strong team of Front of House and Box Office staff to insure the highest level of customer service.
· Oversee the box office and front of house operations for all Park Avenue Armory events, including Drill Hall productions, recitals, artist studio performances, and public programming
· Create and maintain budgets for box office and front of house operations
· Hire, train and oversee the box office and front of house personnel
· Create event FOH plans and staffing for all PAA events, incorporating needs from other departments.
· Advise and assist with the implementation, reporting, and generating of reports using the Tessitura ticketing system
· Overseeing the Box Office Team’s role within the daily sales of tickets and entering and submitting data as required
· Develop and maintain documentation and training material on Box Office policies and procedures
· Support the Box Office Team in the configuration and set up of all ticketing for productions
· Create a culture where frontline staff act as ambassadors for the Armory and confidently connect patrons to the services they need, while educating them about Armory offerings in a welcoming and friendly manner. Empower staff to engagingly promote additional events and Memberships
· Develop patron-friendly policies that promote positive and ongoing relationships with the Armory
· Encourage the frontline staff to take ownership of the customer experience and provide staff with the tools to resolve customer issues in an expedient manner
· Develop strategies for improved customer service at all touchpoints, including website, social media, by phone, and in person
· Predict audience flow and adjust plans accordingly, create and submit all applicable work requests
· Develop how Customer Service Issues in Tessitura are used to document, track, and report patron feedback to the relevant departments
· Develop Ticketing reports to effectively communicate sales and attendance data with other departments.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 5-7 years’ experience in both Front of House and Box Office Operations including supervisory experience
· Knowledge of Ticket systems required, Tessitura preferred
· Proficient in the MS Office suite
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
· Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work independently as well as on a team
· Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
· A sincere enthusiasm for the broad range of performing and visual arts events produced at the Armory is essential.