American Conservatory Theater
San Francisco, CA 94108
STATUS: Full time/Regular/Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Communications
SALARY: DOE + Benefits
As a key member of the marketing team, the Director of Ticketing & Sales Operations works closely with the Marketing and Audience Services teams to develop and implement strategies that increase revenue from single and subscription sales, grow audiences and drive patron loyalty. The Director of Ticket Services oversees the Geary and Strand box offices as well as single ticket, group sales, and subscription ticketing operations and policy, including hiring, training, payroll, and scheduling of Box Office and Subscription Office employees, and customer dispute resolution. This is a full-time, exempt position. Must be willing to work some weekends and evenings.
· Develop and execute data-driven strategies that maximize single and season ticket sales through effective pricing, scale of house, inventory management and demand management practices.
· Forecast revenue from single and season ticket sales for all A.C.T. productions.
· Generate and Analyze daily single and season ticket sales reports, participating in weekly revenue pacing meetings with senior leadership to monitor and maintain progress against goals.
· Provide the Director of Marketing logistical and operational support in carrying out new marketing, sales and customer service initiatives.
· Provide operational support for the Education Department’s Student Matinee and workshops programming, supervising the SMAT Coordinator, and assisting with sales reporting and ticketing.
· Coordinate with the I.T. department on administrating Tessitura (A.C.T.’s ticketing and CRM system), with a particular focus on pricing, promotional offerings, subscription, group and single ticketing, and training of Ticket Services personnel.
· Collaborate with A.C.T.’s Young Conservatory and M.F.A. programs, through the Conservatory Marketing Manager, on pricing, sales strategies, inventory management, and ticketing system administration.
· Supervise the Group Sales Manager to create excellent group experiences that grow new and recurring revenue and support promotional and community partnership opportunities.
· Work effectively across departments to balance earned revenue goals with access programs, audience development initiatives and contributed revenue opportunities.
· Collaborate with the I.T. Departmentand Box Office teams to ensure all pricing, seating and ticketing information in Tessitura is accurate and functional.
· Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop strategies that expand the diversity of A.C.T’s audiences.
· Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications to conduct and analyze market and audience research to forecast trends, capture demographic / behavioral data, monitor perception of the A.C.T. brand and its productions/programs and evaluate progress against goals.
· Synthesize and present sales and revenue projections and reports to A.C.T.’s senior leadership team and Board of Directors as required.
· Work with Marketing, Development and Education teams to build and implement a Patron Loyalty program that welcomes first-time ticket buyers and cultivates life-long relationships between the Theatre and our patrons.
· Uphold the artistic standards and the mission of the A.C.T.
· Box Office Manager
· Group Sales
· Subscriptions Manager
· Proven history of generating revenue and sales
· Have a proven history of successful Tessitura back end and data analytics.
· Experience building teams and collaborating successfully in a matrixed organization.
· Must be a self-starter who can take initiative as a leader.
· Maintain excellence in quality and efficiency of work.
· Must be organized and detail-oriented.
· Track record of excellent customer service.
· Able to handle several tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines.
· Strong computer skills, including MS Office suite.
· Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years related experience preferred.
· Expertise with Tessitura or similar CRM required.
· Experience in a performing arts or entertainment venue preferred
· Experience with marketing, including loyalty programs and/or subscription packages
Send resume and cover letter via e-mail to Director of Ticketing & Sales Operations Search at email@example.com.
Deadline: Open until filled. Position is available immediately.
What we look for in our staff: the ability to imagine, the energy to create and explore new ideas and the freedom of spirit to celebrate our diverse community. To learn more about A.C.T., visit our website at www.act-sf.org. No calls, please. EOE.
Diversity makes us stronger. A.C.T. is committed to diversity in its programming and creating an inclusive work culture and environment that is reflective of the San Francisco Bay Area. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.