PARK AVENUE ARMORY
New York, NY 10065
PARK AVENUE ARMORY
Part American palace, part industrial shed, Park Avenue Armory is dedicated to supporting unconventional works in the visual and performing arts that need non-traditional spaces for their full realization, enabling artists to create, students to experience, and audiences to consume epic and adventurous presentations that cannot be mounted elsewhere in New York City. Since 2007, the Armory has opened its doors to visionary artists, directors, and impresarios who provided extraordinary experiences in a range of art forms.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Director of Visitor Services will be responsible for ensuring a high level of customer service for all Park Avenue Armory attendees at every point of contact. These responsibilities will include management of box office staff for all Armory events including performances, visual art installations, tours and recitals; monitoring of quality and performance of the ticketing path on all devices and at the box office; and programming and monitoring the Tessitura ticketing system, tracking daily sales and deposits, ticket account management and fulfillment, and; and overseeing creation of box office reports for Managment. The Director of Visitor Services reports to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer.
- Lead the Box Office in the development of systems, procedures and practices to provide the highest level of customer service
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, responding promptly to customer inquiries and requests
- Hire, train, and supervise box office staff. Oversee the development and maintenance of documentation and training materials that ensure staff is fully trained in handling customer issues
- Supervise the Tessitura Database Manager with the implementation, reporting, and generating of event reports using the Tessitura ticketing system
- Set up all Armory events in Tessitura, including defining and mapping all Facility elements, such as seats, price zones, inventory, N-scan compatibility, price maps, and scaling, and test all elements.
- Work with Executive Production and Marketing Department on setting up subscription packages and other discounts and promotions
- Responsible for ongoing analysis of current and historical sales information. Utilize analytic tools for detailed reporting on inventory, holds and revenue by zone, ticket distribution and other statistics as needed.
- Oversee the creation of daily box office sales reports including sales, holds, revenues, and performance against budget.
- Reconcile daily and monthly revenue by production or event with Finance.
- Work closely with finance on executing proper cash handling and cash control procedures.
- 10 years Box Office experience including a minimum of 5 years of progressive management experience
- In depth knowledge of the Tessitura system and Tessitura Analytics or T-Stats reporting is required
- Must be able to work well independently and to manage, train, and motivate others
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills required
- Candidate must be able to successfully handle multiple priorities in sometimes high stress situations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other Windows applications required
- Position requires the ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as being able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Candidate should have cash handling experience and experience in scheduling staff members
- Candidate must also have the ability to work with the public and possess conflict resolution skills
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary expectations in a single word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name.
Park Avenue Armory is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from all qualified candidates.