Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning
Jamaica, NY 11432
The Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning (JCAL) is recruiting an ambitious Education Program Coordinator to help implement JCAL’s after-school and in-school residencies and workshops, including its CASA and SU-CASA programs. The incumbent will have an additional dotted-line to the Associate Director of Education in connection with JCAL’s community-outreach programs.
The right candidate will be highly self-motivated and demonstrate contagious enthusiasm, creativity and passion. S/he will be experienced collaborating with diverse individuals and programs; will possess excellent organizational skills; and will present as a personable, teamwork-focused problem-solver.
· Operate seamlessly within JCAL’s Education Department to help implement after-school and in-school residencies and workshops, including its CASA and SU-CASA programs, as well as other community-outreach programs as assigned.
· Serve as point person for coordinating with, and communicating among, teaching artists, teachers, and stakeholders at partner organizations.
· Assist in the pre- and post-production for culminating on-site and/or off-site events.
· Assist with data collection and documentation for final reports.
· Travel, as needed, between Queens schools and senior centers.
· BA/BFA, or equivalent professional training and experience in the performing arts.
· Depth of experience working with diverse populations and catering to a wide range of abilities.
· Committed to, and passionate about, arts education; substantive musical background a major plus.
· Proficient in interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and time management.
· Highly organized, with particularly strong skills at meeting deadlines and multitasking.
· Proactive approach to project execution in tight timeframes, and always with a positive attitude.
· Ability to produce work calmly and quickly in a fast-paced, rigorous environment.
This is a part-time seasonal exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience. JCAL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.