National Queer Theater
New York, NY 10026
About: National Queer Theater is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in New York City. Our mission is to foster and support LGBTQ communities through social justice in the performing arts. For more information please visit our website https://www.nationalqueertheater.org/
We are seeking a talented arts administration intern to support our small team in running a rapidly growing nonprofit LGBTQ theater company. Being in our second year, our internship program offers tremendous opportunities for interns to take on leadership roles and have their hands in every aspect of the theater’s business.
Dates: September 15th- December 15th
· Part-time (20 hours per week/ occasional nights & weekends)
· Remote working opportunities and flexible schedule
Job Description: The Arts Administration Intern will assist the Artistic Director with the daily tasks of running the theater.
· Coordinate and maintain robust development program, including individual and institutional giving campaigns.
· Implement marketing activities such as eblasts, social media, and community partnerships.
· Assist in Fall program production and prepare for 2020 Mainstage season.
· Organize season planning process and activities, working closely with Artistic Committee to identify new plays for production.
· Attend NQT events and outside plays for evaluation.
Intern will gain skills and mentorship in artistic production, literary management, company management, fundraising, event management, education/applied theater, and marketing.
Skills required: Google G Suite (docs, drive, gmail), strong writing, organized, works well independently and collaborating with others.
To Apply: Please send a professional resume and cover letter explaining your interest in National Queer Theater as PDF files to Adam Odsess-Rubin, Artistic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This internship is unpaid, but can be available for school credit.
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 1, 2019 at 11:59PM
National Queer Theater is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives are encouraged to apply.
September 15, 2019 - December 15, 2019