TDF Costume Collection
Astoria, NY 11106
ABOUT TDF COSTUME COLLECTION RENTAL PROGRAM
The TDF Costume Collection is a program of TDF, a not-for-profit service organization dedicated to bringing the power of the performing arts to everyone.
In operation for over 40 years, the TDF Costume Collection offers costume rentals to theatre, film, television, opera, dance and educational institutions nationwide. Currently housing an inventory of more than 85,000 costumes and accessories, the TDF Costume Collection is located in the historic Kaufman Astoria Film Studios in Queens, New York.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Front Desk / Administrative Assistant reports directly and works closely with the Director, Associate Director and Administrator of the TDF Costume Collection Rental Program. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Answers all incoming phone calls and emails
· Greets all visitors with a friendly and helpful demeanor, all the while acting as “the face” of the organization
· Schedules and maintains calendar
· Helps facilitate the departure/arrival of all shipments and deliveries
· Oversees the lobby and dressing rooms
· Processes all rental paperwork
· Enters all rental data
· Files and maintains all rental paperwork
· Helps arrange payments
· Processes all donation paperwork
Other responsibilities as assigned or needed
· Helps to hang and pack costumes
· Assists with dry cleaning
· Arranges transport of costumes and donations
· Supports the Administrator with Accounts Payable/Receivable, Office Administration, etc.
· You have very strong customer service skills
· You have the ability to stay calm and professional during difficult circumstances
· You are organized, articulate, have a sense of humor and throw yourself into projects easily
· You are passionate about the arts
· You have a background in Business or Arts Administration or equivalent experience
· You are extremely comfortable dealing with the public
· You are proficient in Google and Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel and Outlook), as well as experience with QuickBooks a plus.
· You possess strong administrative skills and an attention to detail
· You have the ability to multi-task and are able to anticipate needs
· You are able to work autonomously, in group settings as well as be a team player
Salary will be commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package is offered.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Front Desk" in the subject line by Friday December 6, 2019.
TDF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We are committed to diversity in all areas of our work, both in our programs and in our workplaces. We encourage applicants with a unique cultural perspective inclusive of race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, class, physical ability and sexual orientation.
January 6, 2020 -