The York Theatre Company
New York, NY 10022
The York Theatre Company, Drama Desk Award-winning Off-Broadway theatre, seeks a dynamic individual to join its team as a Front of House Manager.
The Front of House Manager will be responsible for the safety of the public and ensuring a comfortable environment for audiences. He or she will work closely with the staff, box office, volunteers, and production personnel to ensure highest quality house operations while upholding patron customer service expectations. This position requires a flexible schedule and includes nights, weekends, matinees and holidays.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Training volunteer ushers and coordinating program distribution and inserts
• Overseeing concession sales and stock
• Preparing nightly house manager reports
• Working closely with box office to troubleshoot all ticket problems and ticket buyer complaints.
• Directing and monitoring lobby traffic
• Assisting with special projects and assignments as needed
• Assisting in the box office
• Miscellaneous administrative tasks and responsibilities
Candidates should have prior experience as a house manager in a theatre or performance venue, possess solid administrative skills, must possess exemplary customer service and communication skills, and be a strong team leader. Computer literacy and knowledge of ticketing systems is a plus. Licensed NYC Fireguards are encouraged to apply. Applicants who are not licensed fireguards will be required to become one if chosen for this position.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Front of House Manager” in the subject line.
The York Theatre Company an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
No phone calls, please. For more information about York, visit: www.yorktheatre.org.
November 26, 2019 -