The Juilliard School
New York, NY 10023
Description: Primary House Manager for all Juilliard public venues. Oversees all overhire House Managers and Captains, as well as student ushers. Responsible for the implementation, enforcement, and updating of house policies and procedures for all public performances and special events that take place within the Juilliard building.
· Serve as Lead House Manager for Juilliard public performance venues.
· Enforce house policies and procedures during all public performances and special events.
· Maintain a safe environment for all Juilliard Patrons. Convey concerns to Public Safety/Facilities.
· Communicate with other departments regarding specific house management needs.
· Hire, train, and supervise overhire House Management and Front of House Captain staff.
· Coordinate work schedules for all overhire staff.
· Create and maintain event schedules; distribute as needed.
· Hire, train, and supervise usher staff. Monitor event sign up process.
· Coordinate distribution and maintain supply of usher uniform.
· Prepare venues for events.
· Create, maintain, and replenish supply of forms, signs, and equipment needed for house management, including ticket scanners, walkie-talkies, and assistive listening devices.
· Maintain payroll for overhire Front of House staff.
· Maintain payroll for work-study employees via the OPERA system and track per event expenses.
· Maintain and distribute House Manger reports.
· Monitor physical state of the theaters, recital halls, and performance studios.
· Coordinate staffing schedules with Lincoln Center Access Ambassadors.
· Serve as backstage coordinator for Wednesdays at One performances in Alice Tully Hall.
· Help maintain files of concert programs.
· 2 years house management and/or related experience.
· Familiarity with stage management and back stage procedures.
· Basic production knowledge/experience.
· Ability to make decisions and solve problems under pressure and within time constraints.
· Excellent communication skills and organizational ability.
· Computer proficiency, particularly in Word and Excel.
· Evening and weekend availability
· College Graduate, preferred
· Performing arts background, preferred
· Training in Adult CPR and First Aid, preferred