The Acting Company
New York, NY 10036
The Acting Company, the nation’s only repertory company dedicated to the development of American classical actors, is seeking a full-time GENERAL MANAGER. Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director, the General Manager will work as an integral part of the Acting Company (TAC) team to develop and implement effective fiscal strategies that support the mission and sustainability of the organization. This position has front-line interaction with board members, patrons, vendors, union representatives, artists, and others. He/she and must be able to work confidently and effectively with all stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, positive and enthusiastic Acting Company advocate who thrives as part of a small, highly collaborative team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working in concert with the Executive and Artistic Directors, develop annual organizational budget, budgets for current and potential projects, grant applications, and other efforts as needed.
- Manage and control day-to-day financial processes: cash flow, accounts payable and receivable, line(s) of credit, bank and credit card reconciliations, payroll, etc.
- Liaise with all vendors, suppliers, and government agencies
- With the Associate Artistic Director, administer artistic and production contracts. Work with Executive and Artistic Directors on contract negotiation as needed.
- Administer employee and guest artist benefits.
- Lead union relationships in concert with the Artistic and Executive Directors.
- Work with staff leadership and board treasurer to prepare financial reports and presentations for board and committee meetings.
- Lead annual audit with third party accountants.
Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree or above and possess a minimum of three years of financial management experience, preferably at a small to mid-sized non-profit organization. Candidates should be adept at using the MS Office suite and Quickbooks proficient. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated record of sound fiscal management. Candidates should be detail-oriented, possess excellent communication ability, strong analytical skills, and experience working with a board of directors. A knowledge of and passion for theater is preferred, especially classical theater. Occasional evening and weekend work is required for special events, productions and other activities.
The Acting Company is committed to building a staff that reflects the diversity of our New York City home and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates. The ideal candidate will be available to begin work by November 1, 2019. However, please indicate possible start date in your cover letter.
This is an exempt full-time position. Salary range is $60,000-$70,000 depending on experience, plus benefits including health insurance, 403b plan. Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please type GENERAL MANAGER in the subject line. EOE. No phone calls, staffing agencies, or recruiters, please.
November 1, 2019 -
60,000 - 70,000