RWS Entertainment Group
Long Island City, NY 11101
Global Entertainment Intern
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we’re looking for…
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a Global Entertainment Intern.
About the role…
Reporting to the Global Entertainment Coordinator, the Global Entertainment Intern will serve as departmental support by assisting in the daily operations of our cruise line logistics team. The Global Entertainment Intern will learn how to logistically prepare a cast for success on the seas, analyze cruise and entertainment data, and be a vital asset to the operations team.
The Global Entertainment Intern will assist the operations team. Daily logistical tasks may include the following:
• Assist to maintain departmental calendar, staff documentation and daily schedules.
• Assist to resolve operational issues through coordination with Show Supervisors, contractors, clients and onboard crew.
• Assist to coordinate materials and notes for production development and departmental meetings.
• Assist day-to-day lead for onboarding of Casts.
• Assist to collect HR materials from performers for onboarding. Track progress and highlight any concerns to ensure all information has been properly secured and processed.
• Assist in performer appointment scheduling in order for medical certificates to be obtained.
• Assist to arrange, organize, and distribute travel for performers, contractors and RWS staff.
• Assist to prepare and issue rehearsal materials to performers.
• Assist in adjusting rehearsal schedules and install plans with Production Directors.
• Assist to update cruise line training handbooks and materials as needed.
• Assist in enforcing policies/procedures for performer housing.
• Assist to oversee weekly performer housing inspection.
• Provide, as needed, land support to Production Directors/Managers during cruise line cast changeovers at sea.
• Assist to submit invoices, expense reports and reimbursements for staff travel.
• Assist to maintain department’s archival media and files.
• Provide assistance in ship-outs and deliveries, as needed.
• Provide assistance in administrative tasks across the Global Entertainment Division.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
• Logistically and creative minded
• Advanced written and verbal English communication skills
• Must be proficient in Excel and MS Office applications
• The ideal candidate will be outgoing, great with people and show outstanding attention to detail
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• The ability to assist with multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Enjoy the arts and entertainment industry
• Work three (3) full business days per week
• Office hours are 9am-5pm
• Stipend and MetroCard or college credit
• Starting on or about October 9, 2017 and ending on or about January 12, 2017
Get in touch…
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 29, 2017. Please include: RWS Global Entertainment Intern in the email subject line. Email submissions only.