The Eugene O’Neill Theater Center, recipient of two Tony Awards and the National Medal of Arts, seeks a highly motivated and graphic design-oriented individual for Marketing Associate. In a full-time, year-round position, the Marketing Associate works collaboratively to maintain high-quality standards for the O’Neill’s visual identity across multiple programs, platforms, and collateral as well as generate active engagement with artists, patrons, donors, and alumni. An ideal position for a creative and conscientious graphic storyteller, looking to be a part of a dynamic artistic environment. Reports to the Director of Marketing & College Relations.
LOOKING FOR AN INDIVIDUAL WHO IS:
- Organized, creative, efficient team player with a genuine interest and demonstrated background in graphic design, web design, sales & marketing, photography, social media, and/or performing arts.
- Strong print and digital design skills and the ability to adhere to visual branding identity guidelines
- Experienced with professional use of social media (maintaining institutional voice, scheduling posts, and ad creation).
- Jugglers of multiple projects, meeting strict deadlines, adapting to change, and working well under pressure. Able to efficiently manage a wide-range of tasks in a fast-paced office environment with accuracy, grace, and humor.
- Able to spot opportunities to make a positive difference
- Strong oral and written communicator
- An ability to carry out a concept from start to completion, independently and as part of a team
- Discrete, able to handle sensitive information with reliability, maturity, and confidence
- Strong manager of time, with the ability to deftly handle a variety of tasks independently
- Energetic ambassador for the Eugene O’Neill Theater Center
- Proven proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particular expertise with InDesign
- Experience with HTML/CSS, Database, and Emma Email Marketing platform experience a plus.
RESPONSIBILITIES VARY AND INCLUDE:
Graphic Design/Publications (70%)
- Lead in the planning, design, and layout of marketing and collateral materials for all programs, special events, fundraising, etc.
- Co-develop and coordinate e-communications with all constituencies, including members, ticket buyers, alumni, donors, etc.
- Lead management on content management on O’Neill and National Theater Institute websites, ensuring accuracy and consistently fresh, engaging content.
- Maintain visual aesthetic across a variety of formats
- Ensure timely creation of production playbills & inserts, working to gather and input bios, headshots and related content on deadline.
Marketing/Social Media (30%)
- Collaboratively develop and manage implementation of marketing campaigns, including calls for submissions/applications, special events, summer season marketing, etc.
- Collaboratively curate social media presence for the O’Neill and National Theater Institute, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Leverage multimedia and other innovative means to better market ALL programs
- Help maintain marketing assets, photos, artist testimonials, etc.
- Serve as point person for print, design, and marketing vendors.
- Occasional evenings, weekends, and some holidays required, especially June-August.
- Two paid “dark weeks” in addition to generous vacation and sick leave.
- Must uphold all of the O’Neill’s employment policies and code of conduct.
- Successful completion of a background screening required.
For immediate consideration, please send letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Graphic Desinger/Marketing Associate;” in the subject line. Available links to portfolio or examples of your design work appreciated. For more information visit www.theoneill.org.