Round House Theatre
Bethesda, MD 20814
Round House Theatre, a LORT D with a $5M operating budget, seeks a full-time Graphic Designer to unify organizational branding through graphic design, photography and video. They will spearhead the design of all advertising and marketing collateral, including but not limited to: print & digital advertising, brochures, posters, flyers, banners, signage, and playbills. They will also have a stake in the creation and direction of photo and video content for use on web and social media. In all functions, the Graphic Designer is expected to contribute a high degree of creativity, accuracy and speed to the development and production processes. The Graphic Designer is responsible for maintaining Round House brand standards while creating fresh, eye-catching designs. The designer also produces and oversees several large-scale projects each season, including all materials needed to support the annual subscription and single ticket campaigns.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Ability to function independently and efficiently in a deadline-driven environment, and handle multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Quickly and creatively assess needs and develop materials as requested by Marketing and other departments, including Development, Education, Artistic and Operations.
- Manage all design and production projects from inception through completion.
- Maintain familiarity with all Round House programming to ensure accuracy in marketing communications.
- Ensure that Round House operates at a technical level consistent with industry standards.
- Adhere to, maintain and enhance the organizational style guide.
- Oversee print production and bidding processes and maintain familiarity with local production resources.
- Create and produce all weekly newspaper ads in support of ongoing performance schedule.
- Create and/or manage the development of photo and video content. Proficiency with Final Cut Pro and digital photography highly desirable.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years increasingly responsible design experience preferred. Specific experience developing print advertisements and brochures required.
- Proficiency with Final Cut Pro, digital photography, and videography highly desirable.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop, InDesign, & Illustrator.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including, but not limited to, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must demonstrate initiative and strong problem resolution, and be able to participate successfully in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of and ability to oversee print production processes.
- Ability to proofread for grammar, spelling, and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Previous in-house experience a plus.
- Schedule flexibility and ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- A background and/or interest in theatre preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter, resume, portfolio, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Round House Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about Round House Theatre, please visit www.roundhousetheatre.org.
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to jobs...