Paper Mill Playhouse
MILLBURN, NJ 07041
Human Resources Manager
Paper Mill Playhouse, recipient of the 2016 Regional Theatre Tony Award, is in search of a Human Resources (HR) Manager. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the HR Manager is responsible for all aspects of PMP’s HR activity, including benefits administration, safety and wellness programs, workers compensation, weekly payroll processing in a union house for 250+ employees, and to oversee employee’s tenure from hire date to exit interview in compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
· Manage all details of processing weekly payroll and 1099 fee payments, including payroll for various unions subject to union agreements.
· Create annual 1099 misc. forms to file with government agencies.
· Reconcile 941 reports for annual audit.
· Administer and oversee health and retirement benefits plans, including all related required reporting, and calculations of and payments, including employee payroll contributions, to all related union benefit plans.
· Administer and oversee Workers Compensation, Disability and Employee Leave programs and claims.
· Conduct training sessions for new hires in protecting against harassment in the workplace and investigate and report on any harassment claims in the PMP workplace.
· Maintain responsibility for PMP’s compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
· Recruit new talent for staffing.
· Reconcile monthly payroll related general ledger accounts.
· Perform other tasks usual and necessary to keep the theater administration operating smoothly and efficiently.
· Time Management
· Bookkeeping Skills
· Organizational Skills
· Communication Proficiency
· Ethical Conduct
· Problem Solving
Required Education and Experience
· At least 5 years of experience as Human Resources Generalist
· Knowledge of Payroll Processing systems (ADP WorkforceNow preferred)
· Experience in administering, tracking and reporting union benefits
· Bachelor's degree
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Knowledge accounting software
· Microsoft Word and Excel experience
· Public Speaking
Paper Mill is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ability are encouraged to apply. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits.
This full-time position includes an excellent benefits package, and a salary which is competitive with industry standards. Please send cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “HR Manager Position” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
October 9, 2019 -