The Public Theater
New York, NY 10003
The Public Theater is seeking an Individual Giving Manager who will report to the Director of Individual Giving and will assist in the development, implementation and management of an institution-wide individual giving program designed to foster and nurture long-term, meaningful relationships between The Public Theater and its donors.
The Individual Giving Manager will collaborate effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders including the Executive Office, Development, Membership, Finance, and others in facilitating the establishment of named funds, monitoring spending of funds, tracking beneficiaries of funds and reporting back to donors on the activity supported through their funds. This self-motivated, solution-oriented individual will serve as the point person to insure that both the donor's intent and the theater's needs are respected.
• Manages and oversees the administrative and daily operations of the individual giving program
• Provides thorough, accurate, and timely responses to all donor requests for information; demonstrates exemplary customer service in all exchanges
• Work with various departments to ensure donor income spending is timely and in accordance with the intent of the donor
• Monitor payment schedules regarding donor agreements
• Consult with and provide support for development officers and other staff members related to establishing endowments or other named donor gifts and to troubleshooting existing donor funds/agreements
• Work with Development Operations and Marketing to create user-friendly guidelines and forms related to endowments and named donor agreements
• Provide substantive reports to donors regarding the impact of their gift
• Coordinate with Director of Individual Giving, Finance, Marketing and Development staff to create, produce and distribute an annual impact report to inform donors about fund activity
• Assist the Director of Individual Giving with implementing impact reporting as a compliment to the annual financial report
• Analyze existing donor databases and make recommendations for enhancements
• Create templates to send to fund beneficiaries to track spending and impact of donor funds
• Develop systems with effective use of information technology, including databases and spreadsheets, necessary to track and streamline processes
• Establish a structured, systematic program for individual donor giving which will outlast changes in staff and assure perpetual and mutually beneficial relationships with donors Requirements:
• 5+ years’ experience with proven analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
• Ability to interact with staff at all levels, remaining proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
• Ability to perform complex administrative tasks with only general supervision
• Exceptional verbal communication skills to present and disseminate data to various audiences
• Advanced knowledge of computerized systems and operating environments i.e. Microsoft Office and specialized computer applications
• Experience with Tessitura is preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail
• Exceedingly well organized and flexible
• Knowledge of theater and the arts in NYC a plus
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is an Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com