Atlantic Theater Company
New York, NY 10011
Atlantic Theater Company’s Stage 2 is seeking a Lead Carpenter for the build of our next production. We will be presenting Paris by Eboni Booth. Build begins on Monday, December 2nd and completes the week of January 6th, 2020. We are dark from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day. We are looking for someone who is available for the entire build. The Lead Carpenter will work closely with the Technical Director to facilitate the build and load-in with our crew.
Lead Carpenter Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Overseeing the safe and proper construction of scenic elements.
- Supervising the crew in the proper use and storage of all hand tools and power tools.
- Maintaining an orderly and safe working environment, including the enforcement of Atlantic Theater Company’s safety policies.
- Promote a collaborative, inclusive and respectful working environment.
Lead Carpenter Required Skills:
- 2+ years of theater experience building scenery.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard scenery construction practices and techniques.
- Proficient in operating saws, power tools, pneumatics, and hydraulic equipment.
- Theatrical rigging knowledge and practical experience a plus.
- The ability to work calmly while under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Qualified Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate “Paris Lead Carp” in the subject line. Atlantic is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). No phone calls, please.
December 2, 2019 - January 10, 2020