The TimesCenter at The New York Times
New York, NY 10018
Lead Video Engineer/Projectionist – TheTimesCenter
Location: New York, NY
The New York Times is a global media organization dedicated to helping people understand the
world through unrivaled, on-the-ground, expert and deeply reported independent journalism.
TheTimesCenter, located within The New York Times corporate headquarters in New York City,
is a world-class, state-of-the-art special events venue hosting over 200 corporate and arts events
annually, including New York Times events.
TheTimesCenter seeks a lead video engineer and projectionist to join the technical production
team. Working alongside audio and lighting technicians, including union and non-union staff,
this position is responsible for operating house video equipment and implementing client vision
for all types of video presentation in TheTimesCenter while delivering excellent customer
service. The video engineer also maintains and repairs projection equipment and helps to
oversee venue upkeep.
● Working with house production manager and client to ensure seamless integration of all
types of video equipment into house video system.
● Responsible for maintenance and repair of equipment including regularly updating
maintenance logs and reporting on department needs. Working knowledge of Christie
“M” series projectors, digital cinema projectors, Dolby cinema servers, Barco switchers,
PowerPoint, Keynote and Playback Pro.
● Excels at problem solving in a fast-paced, time-crunched environment. Maintains poise
● Ability to execute cues in a variety of situations from those called by a show caller to
proactively using notes and verbal “cues” from onstage presenters.
● Operation of countdown clock.
● 3-5 years experience with video in a live production environment, preferably working
with corporate clients, in live theater, or special events. Excellent guest and client service
● Team player and proactive communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
● Organized, resourceful, and ready to attack each challenge as presented with a good
● Excellent verbal skills and enjoys interacting with a variety of personalities.
● Available to work early morning or late night.
July 16, 2018 -