Peoria, AZ 85345
TITLE: Lighting Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS: 0
SALARY RANGE: $26K-$32K DOE
• Ensures that the lighting and projection quality of TheaterWorks productions and presentations are of the highest quality.
• Serve as the Master Electrician for all TheaterWorks productions and educational programs.
• Serve as the Board Op for all TheaterWorks productions and educational programs.
• Maintain lighting repertory plot in both theaters at the Peoria Center for the Performing Arts.
• Responsible for overall execution of, but not limited to, projections, practicals, fog and haze, and cue and run lights, aspects of TheaterWorks productions,.
• Responsible for oversight of the lighting operations of the Peoria Center for the Performing Arts rentals and presentations.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
• Runs lighting and projection equipment with all appropriate safety standards and procedures.
• Helps to establish and operates within a technical production budget for theater equipment and consumables.
• Responsible for the use, inventory, and maintenance of all lighting, video, and projection equipment.
• Ensures that all lighting equipment is maintained and in safe working order.
• Oversees all visual and technical support including the setting up and operating of lighting, video, and projection equipment for TheaterWorks productions.
• Operates in a multitasking environment that encourages teamwork and collaboration.
• Collaborates with Directors, Stage Managers, Set, Sound, and Lighting Designers to create a technical experience that enhances the artistic expression on the stage.
• Collaborates with renters and presenters within the Peoria Center for the Performing Arts to create a technical experience that enhances the artistic expression on the stage and reflects positively on the professional quality of the facility.
• Assists in the recruitment, supervision, and training for backstage volunteers, run crew, and technicians.
• Other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Theater Design or Technical Theater.
• 3+ Years theater experience including lighting design, master electrician work, projection design, projection/video engineering.
• Knowledge of stage lighting, including electricity, wiring, and electronics systems and hardware.
• Thorough knowledge of theatrical, musical, and technical stage techniques and requirements.
• Computer literate—has working knowledge of Microsoft office and database and spreadsheet experience.
• Has working knowledge of Apple Mac OSX and QLab
• Has working knowledge of ETCnet, DMX, moving lights, and LED hookup/control practices.
• Has working knowledge of ETC Ion lighting console
• Skilled, competent, and proficient in audio-visual best practices.
• Skilled in planning, organizing, and supervising all lighting, projection and media set-up, load-in, and strike activities.
• Skilled in the use of management techniques required to operate several theaters simultaneously in an efficient and cost effective manner.
• Team player who can lead and be part of a team as an individual contributor.
• Has ability to respond to unusual and rapidly changing requirements with calm, flexibility, and an attitude of service.
• Creative problem solver who can troubleshoot to address complex and unique challenges.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide variety of people and in a wide variety of roles.
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of introduction to
Artistic Director, Chris Hamby at: email@example.com
May 31, 2019 -