Premiere Stages at Kean University
Union, NJ 07083
Premiere Stages at Kean University (www.premierestagesatkean.com) is currently seeking a Literary Associate to help administer the submission process for the annual Premiere Play Festival from September 2019 through March 2020. Specific duties include:
· Track submissions and correspondence.
· Read submissions (synopses and full scripts) and provide script coverage.
· Send scripts to readers and panelists.
· Correspond with agents, playwrights, graduate programs, and other theatrical organizations about Play Festival submissions and opportunities.
· Assist with rejection letters (Premiere Stages is committed to providing feedback to those who request it) and semi-finalist and finalist notifications.
· Help organize and support the Spring Reading Series in March, featuring four professional readings of four finalists selected from a pool of hundreds of submissions (659 in 2019).
The Literary Associate will be supported by a paid Literary Assistant for the project.
The Literary Associate will also be considered for additional projects throughout the year, including serving as a dramaturg on Premiere’s Equity productions and/or assisting with the coordination and submission processes for Premiere’s Liberty Live commissioning project and the Bauer Boucher Awards.
Experience working for a professional theatre in a literary office is required.
The fee for the project is negotiable and will be determined based on the experience of the selected candidate. Estimated start date: July 1, 2019.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Literary Associate.
July 1, 2019 -