Classic Stage Company
New York, NY
Call Type: EPA
Off-Broadway, Category 5; $772.00/week
Author, William Shakespeare Director, John Doyle
Producer, Classic Stage Company
A member of the Classic Stage Company staff with casting authority, to be determined, will be in attendance.
First Rehearsal (on or about): Tuesday, September 10, 2019
First Preview (on or about): Thursday, October 10, 2019
Opening: Sunday, October 27, 2019
Closing: Sunday, December 15, 2019
EPA Procedures are in effect for this audition.
An Equity Monitor will be provided.
Equity’s contracts prohibit discrimination. Equity is committed to diversity and encourages all its employers to engage in a policy of equal employment opportunity designed to promote a positive model of inclusion. As such, Equity encourages performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities, to attend every audition.
Always bring your Equity Membership card to auditions.
Actors of all ages, ethnicities, and abilities who are willing to work as an ensemble and strong with classical text.
SM availability TBD
1. MACBETH ( age 40+) - A general in Duncan's army and later King of Scotland. Must have good experience with classical texts.
2. LADY MACBETH ( age 35 +) - Wife of Macbeth. Must be able to play fierce and strong.
3. MACDUFF ( age 35 +) - Thane of Fife. Should be powerful and good with classical text.
4. BANQUO ( age 35 + ) - Friend of Macbeth and general in Duncan's army. Should be powerful and good with classical text.
5. ROSS (can be older) - Scottish Thane. Should be good with classical text.
6. LADY MACDUFF ( age 30 +) - Wife of Macduff. Will play other roles, including a witch. Should be
good with classical text.
7. DUNCAN (older) - King of Scotland. Should have dignity.
8. MALCOLM (20s) - Duncan's oldest son. Needs to have good use of language and good emotional range.
9. PORTER (any age) - Gatekeeper of Cawdor, Macbeth's home. Will also play a witch and others.
10. LENNOX (younger) - Scottish Thane. Will also play a witch and others.
Actors could be asked to play a number of featured characters. Roles can be played by men or women. Apart from when mentioned above, age is flexible. All roles are open in terms of ethnicity. Actors must be willing to work in an ensemble.
Actors' Equity New York Audition Center
165 W 46th St
New York, NY 10036
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Lunch 1 to 2
Classical monologue (preferably Shakespeare) that is no longer than 2 minutes. Bring picture and resume.