New York, NY 10013
The Manager of Individual Giving and Special Events is a member of HERE’s three-person development staff and is dedicated to building stronger relationships with HERE’s growing community of individual patrons. The position will entail full-time hours in HERE’s office and additional hours at special events and performances throughout the year. The Manager of Individual Giving and Special Eventsreports to the Director of External Affairs.
The ideal candidate should be a critical thinker and strong project manager, able to work independently, handle a variety of different projects, work well under pressure and have an interest and understanding of financial goals.
Key responsibilities include:
Management of daily operations of HERE’s Membership Program and HERE’s Annual Appeal, as well as all project-specific and fiscally sponsored fundraising efforts, to include:
· Composing solicitation materials, invitations and special correspondence, and coordinating all mailing efforts
· Managing renewals, identifying prospects and strategizing targeted asks
· Coordinating with Resident Artists on the creation and management of their show-specific crowd-sourcing campaigns
· Engaging with individuals at performances and special events
· Reporting on financial goals
Planning and execution of special events such as Special Opening Night Parties, Board Nights, Members and Donors Events, including:
· Managing the guest list and sending invitations
· Securing sponsorships and in-kind donations, and
· Handling the logistics of the event
Acting as a Key Player in the preparation and execution of HERE’s Gala by:
· Tracking all Gala income, including donations, ticket purchases, and pledges
· Strategizing on potential new sources of revenue
· Coordinating the Save-the-Date and invitation mailings
· Working with the Director of External Affairs in honoree and board communications
· Hiring and supervising an Auction Coordinator
· Overseeing the silent auction, including the solicitation of and acquisition of items
· Managing volunteers, interns, and vendors, and
The Manager of Individual Giving and Special Events will engage with HERE’s Board of Directors by attending meetings, composing minutes, handling Board ticket requests, collaborating with Board members to host events at HERE, and assisting the Director of External Affairs and the Board’s Advancement Committee in fundraising efforts as requested.
· Minimum 2-3 years successful donor management experience in a nonprofit setting or 4-5 years of total professional experience strongly preferred;
· Interest in collaborating and working closely with HERE’s artists;
· Ability to juggle multiple tasks and reprioritize within a rapidly changing environment;
· Self-starter, organized, disciplined and highly detail-oriented;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work both individually and as part of a team;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Familiarity with OvationTix a plus;
· Flexible personality with sense of humor strongly preferred.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or significant comparable experience in Development/Fundraising.
HERE strives to create an equitable, diverse, and inclusive home in which all people have fair access to the resources they need to realize their visions. We acknowledge structural inequities that exclude individuals and communities from opportunities based on race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, class, age, and geography, and seek to counter those inequities in our work.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include your last name and the position title in the subject line: for example, “Jones – Individual Giving Manager.” Include your cover letter and resume as attachments titled “YourNameLetter” and “YourNameResume.”
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Since 1993, HERE has been one of New York’s most prolific producing organizations, and today, it stands at the forefront of the city’s presenters of daring new hybrid art. HERE supports multidisciplinary work that does not fit into a conventional programming agenda. Our aesthetic represents the independent, the innovative, and the experimental: HERE has developed such acclaimed works as Eve Ensler’s The Vagina Monologues; Basil Twist’s Symphonie Fantastique; Basil Twist and Joey Arias’ Arias with a Twist; Hazelle Goodman’s On Edge; Young Jean Lee’s Songs of The Dragons Flying To Heaven; Trey Lyford & Geoff Sobelle’s all wear bowlers; Faye Driscoll’s 837 Venice Boulevard; Taylor Mac’s The Lily’s Revenge and original musical and dance works created and directed by HERE Co-Founder and Artistic Director Kristin Marting.
The New York Times has called HERE “one of the most unusual arts spaces in New York and possibly the model for the cutting-edge arts spaces of tomorrow.” Indeed, HERE has become successful at creating a new kind of arts enterprise — the collaborative multi-arts center. In 25 years, we’ve supported over 14,000 artists and attracted over 950,000 arts patrons. We aim to integrate art into daily life and engage our community’s needs and interests on as many different levels as possible in order to ensure our regular presence in their lives.
September 17, 2018 -