New York Theatre Workshop
New York, NY 10003
Marketing and Analytics Associate
About New York Theatre Workshop:
At New York Theatre Workshop, we work relentlessly to empower visionary theatre-makers and bring their work to adventurous audiences through productions, artist workshops and educational programs. We nurture pioneering new writers like Hammaad Chaudry and Nathan Alan Davis alongside powerhouse playwrights like Amy Herzog and Ayad Akhtar. We engage inimitable auteur-directors like Rachel Chavkin and Sam Gold and give invaluable support to tremendous talents like Lileana Blain-Cruz in the earliest days of their careers. We maintain decades-long relationships with legendary theatre-makers like Will Power, Ivo van Hove, Dael Orlandersmith, and Caryl Churchill, whose work has shaped and continues to influence our very idea of what theatre can be.
Since our founding in 1979, we've produced over 150 fully-realized productions including Jonathan Larson's Rent; Tony Kushner's Homebody/Kabul; Doug Wright's Quills; Claudia Shear's Dirty Blonde; Rick Elice’s Peter and the Starcatcher; Glen Hansard, Markéta Irglová and Enda Walsh’s Once; and David Bowie and Enda Walsh’s Lazarus. Enabling our artists to push boundaries generates work like Anaïs Michell’s stirring and unforgettable Hadestown, Geoff Sobelle’s magical and transformative The Object Lesson and Mfoniso Udofia’s epic, sweeping two-part cycle, Sojourners & Her Portmanteau. NYTW productions have received a Pulitzer Prize, seventeen Tony Awards and numerous Obie, Drama Desk and Lucille Lortel Awards.
But that’s not what we’re proudest of. We take the greatest satisfaction from the community we’ve built, and the perspective-shifting experiences we’ve delivered along the way. We think that theatre can bring people together, change the conversation, and have a profound impact. We feel fortunate to get to support it. If that sounds like something you’re interested in too, we’d love to meet you.
About the Team:
Our four-person marketing team is responsible for promoting five major productions per season, leading a robust annual membership campaign, supporting projects in the Next Door at NYTW series, and marketing the institution’s many offstage efforts including education programs, workshop activities, fundraising initiatives, and institutional awareness.
About the Position:
· Serves as the primary staff member responsible for maintaining Spektrix, the company’s ticketing and patron management database.
· Builds and maintains daily, weekly and campaign summary reports including sales, attendance, promotions, financial reconciliation and audit documentation.
· Executes campaign analysis and maintains comparison reports.
· Builds projections for membership and single ticket sales.
· Plans and executes setup and system build of memberships, productions, performances, ticket templates, price charts, promotions and special offers.
· Troubleshoots, tracks support requests and maintains all aspects of the NYTW Spektrix environment.
· On-boards new NYTW system users, introducing institutional practices and procedures.
· Executes media plans, coordinating outside vendors and building project management timelines.
· You are excited about information and data.
· You possess and are excited to grow in technical, reporting and analytics skills.
· You are proficient in Microsoft Excel.
· You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
· You share our passion for the theatre and are excited to learn more about the industry.
· You have experience working in databases.
· You have knowledge of Spektrix.
This position is overtime eligible. Benefits include employer paid medical, dental and life insurance and paid time off.
NYTW is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We are committed to diversity in all areas of our work, on and offstage. We encourage applicants with a unique cultural perspective inclusive of race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, class, physical ability and sexual orientation.
To apply, please submit a cover letter (please include where you found out about this position), resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title along with your first and last name in the subject line.