Asolo Repertory Theatre
Sarasota, FL 34243
Asolo Repertory Theatre is one of the premier professional theatres in America and one of the largest in the Southeastern United States. One of the few true rotating repertory companies in the country, Asolo Rep presents world-class theatre designed and performed by some of the top theatre artists in the country. A theatre district in and of itself, Asolo Rep presents up to ten productions each season including bold reinterpretations of contemporary and classic works and provocative new musical theatre experiences.
Asolo Rep is seeking an experienced Marketing Associate to provide wide-ranging creative and administrative support for the Asolo Rep marketing team and serve as the marketing/public relations lead for the FSU/Asolo Conservatory for Actor Training four-show season and the summer Dog Days Theatre productions.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: For Asolo Repertory Theatre: Assist the marketing staff with strategizing and developing show promotional projects throughout the season, including the promotion of all programs and events.
- Assist in cultivating the brand of Asolo Rep at a local, regional and national level through communication strategies including print, broadcast and video projects.
- Design and manage distribution of email newsletters and other patron e-communications using Wordfly software.
- Assist with creating and managing promotional packages with hotels, restaurants, concierges and other businesses.
- Assist marketing staff in designing and creating print materials, displays and signage as needed.
- Manage distribution of promotional materials in various locales including tourism centers, museums, hotels, restaurants and other businesses.
- Represent Asolo Rep by periodically manning a table at arts festivals, farmer’s markets and other events as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES: For FSU/Asolo Conservatory for Actor Training and Dog Days Theatre:
- In collaboration with the FSU/Asolo Conservatory for Actor Training Artistic Director, manage all press and media relations for each of the four Conservatory season productions, the summer Dog Days Theatre productions and other events as needed.
- Gather information, write and distribute press releases; follow up press releases with targeted phone calls/emails; keep media lists up to date within region; research the appropriate editors/writers per format; serve as liaison between FSU/Asolo Conservatory and media; maintain relationships and communication with appropriate editors, writers and reporters; generate news coverage by pitching stories relating to FSU/Asolo Conservatory programming and activities
- Proactively budget, plan and execute marketing for the FSU/Asolo Conservatory and Dog Days Theatre seasons.
- Create dynamic and consistent digital and print advertising campaigns; schedule and place advertising with local publications; write text for radio ads; reconcile and code all invoicing and accounts for FSU/Asolo Conservatory advertising
- Administer FSU/Asolo Conservatory social media initiatives, e-marketing, and web page updates
- Graphic design
- In collaboration with Asolo Rep graphic designers, create ads for print and digital media; create postcards, posters, flyers and signage for theatre lobby and community distribution
- Manage photo shoots
- Organize and direct both pre-production and dress rehearsal photo shoots for Conservatory and Dog Days performances. Make photo selections, edit photos using Photoshop to prepare for media distribution and ads.
- REQUIRED SKILLS: Has an interest and desire to build a career in theatre marketing
- Creative, outgoing, organized, detail-oriented, responsible self-starter with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to create dynamic graphic design with strong typography, layout and photo editing skills using Adobe Creative Cloud on a Mac platform
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to leverage social media for marketing outreach
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Ability to represent the organization at special events
- Theatre or performing arts knowledge and experience strongly preferred
- 2-4 years related experience in marketing and graphic design with a preference in marketing for the performing arts
Position requires 40 hours per week, working on-site in the Asolo Rep marketing department. To apply, submit cover letter, resume, design sample, references, and salary requirements via our online application.