Classic Stage Company
New York, NY 10003
Classic Stage Company (CSC) in New York City is seeking an entrepreneurial and dynamic Marketing Director to lead and oversee all aspects of the marketing strategy for this critically acclaimed theater company led by Tony-Award winning Artistic Director.
The Director of Marketing is a vital member of the senior leadership team, reporting to the COO/General Manager and working closely with Artistic Director. The Marketing Director will have a passion for the arts and CSC’s mission.
CSC is an award-winning Off-Broadway theatre committed to reimagining classic stories for contemporary audiences. It is a home for New York’s finest established and emerging artists to grapple with great works of the world’s repertory that speak directly to the issues of today.
CSC serves 35,000 audience members annually and is a $3.5M organization, of which approximately half of its revenue is generated by ticket and membership/subscription sales. The Marketing Director will:
· Oversee the strategy, creation, implementation and analysis of all marketing, branding, sales, public relations, show and institutional collateral across all platforms (digital/ social media, print, website,) and other sales programs.
· Conceive and execute promotions and partnerships to drive ticket sales and institution profile.
· Based on data, analytics and industry standards, lead initiatives to achieve annual earned income goals and further develop long-range audience development goals and strategies.
· Monitor box office and analyze, and report progress on sales and budget projections to the General Manager.
· Manage a part-time Marketing Assistant.
· Oversee service providers and consultants (Graphic Designer, digital content, Website, sales partners, ticket service provider, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
· Demonstrated expertise in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations campaigns, activities and materials across multiple platforms, including tactics in print, video, digital and social media
· Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and sales skills
· Experience developing and managing budgets
· Experience working with producing and creative partners, managing service providers and consultants.
· Ability to carry out a concept from start to completion,
· Great communication skills, both written and oral
· Talent for juggling multiple creative and administrative projects and switching easily between decisions for each
· Proficiency with ticketing systems (Ovation Tix a plus) and HTML.
This is a full time, (EOE) position with competitive salary and benefits. The position requires some off-peak hours for evening meetings and events. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree or above and at least 4+ years of relevant marketing experience, including at least 1 year in a marketing managerial position. Please submit cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Marketing Director in subject line. No phone calls please.