Chattahoochee Hills, GA 30268
The Serenbe Playhouse, a programming division of the Serenbe Institute for Art, Culture, & the Environment, seeks a highly motivated full-time Marketing Director with excellent organizational, communication and logistical skills to join our team at an exciting time of accomplishment and growth. The Marketing Director is collaborative, creative, and not afraid of cutting-edge productions and programming. The ideal candidate is passionate about theatre and working with the Serenbe Playhouse management team to create the brand image of the Playhouse.
About Serenbe Playhouse:
Serenbe Playhouse is a professional theatre company committed to producing bold new works and reinvented classics that connect art, nature and community. Founded in 2009, the Playhouse was named “one of the most innovative companies for live events” by the Fast Company.
Serenbe Playhouse believes that theatre as an art form has the unique power to illuminate the human experience. In pursuit of that vision, we produce artistically rich site-specific performances and programming that reduces the barriers between artists and audiences by immersing patrons in an environment that amplifies the beauty of nature, and provides opportunities for engagement, conversation, and collaboration.
Under the direction of the Managing Director, the Playhouse’s Marketing Director creates, plans, and oversees all marketing and communication initiatives of Serenbe Playhouse. The Marketing Director is responsible for all strategizing, budgetary, and digital initiatives of the department, supervises all activities of marketing and public relations, and provides direct support to other departments.
• Assist in creation and implementation of marketing plans
• Design or oversee the design and creation of all graphic and marketing elements
• Maintain and manage theater website and ticketing pages
• Assist in execution of promotions, direct mail and e-marketing projects
• Design and draft copy for press releases and e-blasts
• Create and manage execution of social media content
• Support coordination of photography, videography and press features
• Assist planning/hosting special events and openings
• Brainstorm ideas and strategy for key releases with the marketing team
• Maintain and update patron contact and mailing lists
• Maintain press clip and photo/video archives
• Manage distribution of promotional materials
• Help with administrative duties and coordination between departments
Required Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Goal-oriented self-starter with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
• Detail-oriented, focused work ethic
• Experience in sales, promotions, or media, especially within a theater or performing arts organization
• Willingness to mingle with audiences and accommodate visitors
• Ability to interact with artistic professionals at all career levels
• Computer literate, with previous experience with Windows and Microsoft office
• Graphic Design proficiency (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
• Experience with Ticketing and CRM platforms is preferable
• Previous knowledge/experience with social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
• BA/BS: Marketing, PR, Communications, Business, Arts Administration or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
• 3+ years of marketing management experience, preferably in a performing arts venue.
Available to work extended hours and weekends when necessary.
Salary competitive; Includes benefit package. E-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Marketing Director Search”. NO CALLS PLEASE.
The Serenbe Institute is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.