Maine State Music Theatre
Brunswick, ME 04011
Maine State Music Theatre (MSMT), a CORST X AEA resident summer music theatre, is looking for a MUSIC ASSOCIATE for our 2020 season.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: - Assisting Music Directors with all the music for said productio
- Assisting with the rearranging of the scores when necessary
- Assisting with transpositions when necessary
- Ensuring (or assisting with) that all music rehearsals, singing and dancing, are accompanied
- Playing at rehearsals as determined by the Musical Director of each production
- Playing at all assigned performances
- Assist MD with Concerts, TYA productions, and the Intern Singers
- Music Direct and/or Assistant Music Direct assigned TYA’s and/or concerts
- Play for special events/cabarets as needed and as determined by management
Successful candidate will have superior knowledge of …
· The musical theatre cannon
· Accompanying for musical theatre
· Basic keyboard programming – i.e. Apple Mainstage
· Basic computer music notation skills (Finale) – knowledge of orchestrating and arranging a plus!
Successful candidates will also possess strong organizational and communication skills. Working collaboratively as part of a hard working team is absolutely necessary and candidates should be self-directed and motivated.
Employment Dates: Thurs 5/14 - Sun 8/23
MAIN STAGE: Titanic, Mamma Mia! Sound of Music, Something Rotten
CONCERTS: Christine & Patsy Together Again, Red, Hot & Cole Porter, Piano Men
TYA: Beauty and the Beast, Frozen Jr., Shrek
MSMT offers a weekly salary, free housing with internet and the beautiful Maine coastline.
Please send the following:
- 3 recordings of your playing (video strongly preferred). Pieces should be from the musical theatre genre – at least one dance break/excerpt OR overture excerpt. Please show different styles and send recording of only you playing
- Cover letter
- 3 work related references (not written), which includes their phone numbers and email addresses, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSMT is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
May 14, 2020 - August 23, 2020