New York City Children's Theater
New York, NY 10017
New York City Children’s Theater programs cultivate children’s growth in the areas of emotional intelligence, community building and responsible decision-making. The result is empathetic, creative and independent thinkers who make a positive impact on their world. To learn more about our education programs, please visit https://nycchildrenstheater.org/education/.
We are currently hiring Actors/Teaching Artists for FIVE, an interactive multi-sensory musical designed to serve students with special needs and the very young. Rehearsals will take place in September and October 2019 and the show will tour to elementary schools in all five boroughs of New York City from October 2019 through June 2020.
New York City Children’s Theater currently has a roster of over 40 Actors/Teaching Artists. All 2019-2020 NYCCT season Actors/Teaching Artists will participate in paid professional development hours in the areas of trauma-informed and racial justice training.
Necessary Experience and Qualifications:
- Specialize in working with students in grades Pre-K through 5th
- Trained singers and actors
- One of the two actors must have the ability to play the guitar or ukulele
- At least two years of experience working in a classroom setting with elementary-aged students
- Willing to travel to all five boroughs
- Willing to commit to the show for the full school year (October 2019- June 2020)
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Experience working with students with disabilities
- Strong knowledge/experience of the NYC Department of Education Public School system
- Are fingerprinted and cleared through the NYC Department of Education
- Are bilingual
Please submit a headshot and performance/teaching resume to email@example.com with “FIVE AUDITION” as the subject line. Thank you!
September 30, 2019 - June 26, 2020