New York, NY 10004
After a spectacular summer installation, SuperReal (https://www.superrealnyc.com) is returning to NYC this winter. We are seeking qualified candidates with the knowledge and experience to effectively manage all operations for this exciting immersive experience with General Admission ticketing and a free-flow format, featuring cutting-edge visual technology in downtown Manhattan.
The Onsite Operations Manager will spend the first few weeks (pre-production) working out of the general management office to contribute to: the hiring and onboarding of the operations staff; coordination with venue staff and partners; and assist the production and marketing teams as needed. Once the experience is up and running, the majority of your time will be spent on site at the venue acting as a liaison between the aforementioned teams and the general management office to maintain a safe, efficient, and exciting experience. The Onsite Operations Manager will return to working from the general management office for a few weeks after the experience has ended to assist with close-out.
The intended start date for this position is November 25, 2019
Dates that the experience is open to the public: December 15, 2019-January 9, 2020
Final day of employment: January 31, 2020
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- General Management in evaluation and administration of protocols, hiring and training methods, documentation, discipline, scheduling, ADA, FDNY and DOB Compliance, and ongoing strengthening of departmental methods
- Oversee onsite FOH and Box Office teams, ensuring all aspects of a phenomenal guest experience, including arrival, ticketing troubleshooting, show flow, audience traffic, coat/bag check, etc.
- Assist with training of all operations staff to provide positive audience support, answering customer frequently asked questions, ensure tightly coordinated guest crowd control, a seamless flow of people through different venue spaces
- Facilitate communication between producers and general management to ensure that creative/production needs are properly addressed
- Manage the inventory of supplies; coordinate with the producing and general management teams when supplies need to be replenished
- Oversee nightly box office reconciliation
- Oversee all nightly reporting by house management & box office staff
- Manages timesheets and payroll for operations teams
- Ensures that changes to the operating schedule are communicated to all staff & vendors and are reflected in Fare Harbor in a timely manner
- Assists the marketing dept with the management of flyering street team
- Oversee the set up/break down of spaces within the venue, as needed
- Troubleshoot staff scheduling issues as they arise
- Maintain a detailed and thorough knowledge of the venue, building and safety protocols
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Front of House, Box office, Production, and/or Company Manager for live events
- Knowledge of ticketing softwares. Direct experience with Fare Harbor a plus
- The ability to communicate respectfully with diplomacy across all levels of business is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Bi/Multilingual preferred.
- Ability to work day, evening and weekend hours, based on the needs of daily business operations
- Knowledge of Google Suite
- Ability to provide leadership, engage in positive interaction with staff and guests, prioritize, organize, motivate staff, problem solve, delegate, follow-up, communicate and diffuse potentially volatile situations with tact
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, but also know when to be flexible/accommodating
- The schedule for this role is 36 hours per week (Monday-Friday during pre- and post production; Tuesday-Sunday while the experience is operational, including holidays)
Send your resume and cover letter to jobs@LDKProductions.com with subject line “Onsite Operations Manager - SR”.
November 25, 2019 - January 31, 2020