Atlantic Theater Company
New York, NY 10011
Marnie Ann Joyce
Atlantic Theater Company, the award-winning Off-Broadway theater and NAST-accredited acting school, seeks a quick-thinking problem solver to join our Operations team.
The Operations Associate works closely with the Operations Manager to address issues involving the management of the facilities, space allocation and rentals, and other operations for the theater company and acting school’s offices, 9 rehearsal studios, 98-seat theater, and 199-seat theater. Responding effectively to the unexpected is an essential element of this position.
- Onsite trouble response, including investigation, diagnosis, and correction of or coordination with external vendors for the execution of basic facilities renovations, repairs, and maintenance.
- Together with Company and Box Office Managers, ensure front of house facilities and equipment needs are met, including preparing the house and front of house for first performances and opening nights.
- Work closely with Production teams to address any unique issues that arise with incoming design and performance elements.
- Oversee short-term rentals of Atlantic studios.
- Rent off-site classroom and production rehearsal space, as needed.
- Proactively maintain inventory of office and custodial supplies.
- Maintain workstation computers in Macintosh and Windows environments, working closely with IT and VoIP vendors to ensure the computers, network, and peripheral equipment are functioning properly.
- Maintain operations expense and rental income reports.
- Process new and replacement access badges for staff, students, and faculty members as well as facilitating temporary building access for artists and guests.
- Offer general front desk staff support.
- The ability to enthusiastically think on the fly in an organized and judicial manner.
- Curiosity with a willingness to creatively address new challenges.
- General understanding of all aspects of theater production practice.
- Comfort around tools, including ladders.
- Proficiency with or willingness to learn about building codes; mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems; basic IT and networking, including Windows, Macintosh, Office/Office 365 and G-Suite.
- Manual skills and the ability to exert physical effort including balancing, standing, bending, reaching, twisting and moderate lifting.
- While the typical work hours are 10-6, M-F, this position will require some flexibility to work evening and weekend hours in support of performances for occasional emergency vendor visits.
One of our goals at Atlantic is to embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences reflective of our vibrant New York City home.
This is a full-time position with salary and benefits included. Please email cover letter and resume to the attention of Marnie Ann Joyce, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to jobs...
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.