Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
New York, NY 10023
Part-Time Guest Services Representative
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus.
Lincoln Center’s Guest Services team seeks highly motivated individuals to provide exceptional customer service at our Information and Tour desk. Reporting to the Assistant Director, Tours and Group Sales, as part of a larger team that focuses on the guest experience, Guest Services Representatives are responsible for staffing the David Rubenstein Atrium, selling tickets to Lincoln Center Guided Tours, responding to customer service and tour-related emails, various administrative tasks, and providing Front of House assistance at select performances. This is a part-time position that will require a flexible schedule with work on evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Provide superlative customer service to Lincoln Center guests, including answering questions about Lincoln Center, its constituent organizations, and the surrounding community.
• Effectively communi cate with both guests and Guest Services colleagues.
• Provide on-site customer service at certain “Lincoln Center Presents” performances.
• Work closely with Guest Services Volunteers, Tour Guides, and fellow Representatives to ensure quality customer care and a positive experience for all Lincoln Center guests.
• Field Guest Services emails addressing Lincoln Center policies, ticketing and performance information, other Lincoln Center departments, service recovery, Lincoln Center constituents, outside rental organizations, and other NYC-area attractions.
• Sell and process walk-up and phone tour pass orders.
• Communicate with tour operators to schedule pre-booked groups.
• Dispatch tours and provide tour guide routing information for public, Meet the Artist School Series, and pre-booked groups, some of which surpass 200 guests at a time
• Complete daily opening activities including responding to phone and email inquiries, preparing daily briefings, and confirming and /or adjusting daily tour schedule • Complete daily closing activities including reconciling sales, preparing and delivering daily deposit, and completing all related reports.
• Support Lincoln Center Security in monitoring activity in the David Rubenstein Atrium and enforcing the rules and guidelines of the Atrium as a Privately-Operated Public Space.
• 1-2 years customer service and/or hospitality experience preferably in an arts-related setting
• Passion for the arts
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Professional, outgoing manner
• Extremely organized and detail oriented
• Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and retain information in an often changing environment
• Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
• Knowledge of Tessitura ticketing software preferred
• Saturday and Sunday availability
• Cash management skills required
• Foreign languages a plus (Spanish, Mandarin preferred but not required)
SUBMISSION PROCEDURE Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Part-Time Guest Services Representative in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.