Part time..Market Research Associate
Our conference/event company is seeking a part-time Market Research Associate.
This position is an integral part of planning our yearly conference calendar. The candidate’s main role will be conducting extensive research on competitor conferences and other events that might be scheduled around the same time as our conferences. The ideal candidate is extremely detail-oriented, a quick learner, enjoys working independently, has strong problem solving skills, and can help us make decisions based on research.
Perfect for an actor, musician, graduate student, looking for flexible, part-time work about 20 hours week (ideally, long term) and must be done during traditional business hours and at our midtown office.
- Tracking online conferences related to the middle-market private equity community.
- Updating a comprehensive Excel document of competitor conferences, categorized by date and conference topic.
- Conducting extensive research to find new conflicting conferences and other events, such as holidays and school breaks, that might conflict with choosing our conferences dates.
- Meeting weekly with CEO to present research and recommend conference dates for specific topics based on research findings. Taking detailed meeting notes.
- Writing up post-meeting summary email to send to team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in market analysis and research
- Ability to do focused and meticulous research in the field and relay market research findings, recommendations, and conclusions
- Basic knowledge of Excel (filtering/sorting) required. Knowledge of private equity not necessary, however, a willingness to learn is key
- Seeking Long term, part time (15-25 hours per week) ..in midtown office
October 14, 2019 - October 9, 2020