New York, NY 10023
We are looking for a Payroll-HR Assistant to join the Metropolitan Opera’s Human Resources-Payroll team. We serve approximately 3,000 employees who work both onstage and behind the scenes to bring our opera productions to life each season.
This is a full-time, year-round position with a comprehensive benefits package.
The Payroll-HR Assistant analyzes and processes complex weekly payrolls, ensuring payroll is accurate and complies with union agreements and various regulations. The Assistant also provides administrative support for both the Human Resources and Payroll functions of the department, answers internal and external inquiries, and performs research and analysis related to labor expenses.
The right person for this role …
- has strong technological and mathematical skills
- has experience with Excel and data analysis
- is able to consistently deliver top-notch internal customer service
- possesses outstanding organizational and time management skills
- has a positive attitude and a collaborative working style
- handles confidential information with the utmost discretion
- is excited to work in a complex and fast-paced environment and to assist with a variety of responsibilities
- Process complex weekly payrolls for various employee groups, ensuring timeliness, accuracy, and compliance with collective bargaining agreements and regulations
- Enter data for new and existing employees
- Assist with payroll-related research and analysis
- Assist employees with Payroll- and HR-related questions and issues, demonstrating customer service excellence
- Answer inquiries on unemployment claims, employment verifications, workers’ compensation, mortgage and loan applications and liability claims
- Maintain paid time off records for assigned employee groups
- Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies, in accordance with regulations
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of payroll-related regulations and high degree of familiarity with collective bargaining agreements and non-contractual pay practices
- Provide general administrative support, including answering phones, handling walk-in traffic, and filing
- Assist new hires with required paperwork, ensuring paperwork is completed appropriately. Ensure compliance with I-9 requirements and maintain knowledge of applicable rules and regulations regarding work authorization
- Assist with scheduling and delivering new hire orientations and other trainings
- Enter data related to new hires, personnel actions, and employee-initiated data changes
- Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and type
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motion and to stand, walk, reach, bend
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Please send your resume to email@example.com, including “Payroll-HR Assistant" in the subject line of your e-mail.
Also, in the body of the email, please answer these questions:
1. Please tell us briefly about your Excel and data analysis skills.
2. Would you describe your working style as collaborative? If so, what does that mean to you?
3. What are your salary requirements?
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to 0000016d-acf2-d0e1-a17d-affad03e0000...
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.