Los Angeles, CA 90401
WildKat is a game-changer in the classical music industry. We believe in changing the status quo of our industry, embracing creative values both on- and offline.
WildKat is the only music and culture creative agency working internationally, having established ourselves in London, Berlin, and Paris, with further plans for expansion in Los Angeles and New York. We are deeply devoted to seeking out and using online platforms to reach and engage substantial new audiences, producing all-encompassing, bespoke, international PR campaigns that are data-driven.
WildKat is offering an exciting opportunity to find a self-starter to work from our Los Angeles office. Working with the Founder, Business Development Director and Director of Europe, you will have the opportunity to lead and execute creative PR campaigns across the classical music and cultural industries in order to generate coverage and publicity for our clients, regionally and internationally.
Be part of something new, fresh and innovative! We are looking for a forward-thinking candidate, who will help us turn WildKat into an internationally acclaimed agency!
This position is a full-time permanent role, based at our new WildKat office in Los Angeles and working a minimum of 35 basic hours per week. You will also be expected to work additional hours as and when operationally required, sometimes at short notice. These additional hours of work will generally be reclaimed as time off in lieu (TOIL).
Your duties an PR Director include:
· To manage your set of clients and work with them to help achieve their PR goals. This includes: gaining press, attracting new audiences, helping to improve their brand, organising events
· Line manage the Junior Account Manager
· To think creatively about how you (and your colleague) approach campaigns. You will be asked to continually make new connections and approach your work in innovative ways. You will be expected to challenge how we, and the industry, are doing things
· To integrate digital media into campaigns. This means exploring new technology and developing ways to include it in client campaigns
· To take a leading role in the development and execution of unique, creative campaigns to promote your clients and the company
· To write copy in relation to your clients’ needs, including: fact sheets, biographies, blog posts, newsletters, brochures
· To liaise with journalists to generate and secure media coverage for clients
· To organise client events, as needed. This includes: concerts, VIP receptions, industry networking events
· To attend all relevant artists’ events (which regularly occur outside of office hours) including meetings and performances
· To network within the industry to build your reputation and that of the company
· To oversee the work of others when required, and to be willing to grow into a more senior role
Opportunities of working with WildKat:
· Small, open plan office
· Chance to do diverse things within the role and expand your skillset quickly
· Gain wider industry experience, not just PR
· Supportive colleagues and management welcoming your fresh ideas
· Personalised creative skills training and coaching
· Collaboration with mainstream brands and projects
· Opportunities for travel
· Sociable atmosphere
· Staff benefits including: Friday drinks, office yoga, opportunity for sabbatical and 6 hour working days
· At least 2 years’ experience working in arts PR
· Interest in classical music, culture, and the arts, Bach should be someone you know, not someone you’ve emailed
· A fast learner, able to absorb information quickly and confidently put it into practice
· Ability to remain calm when working under pressure and to manage conflicting deadlines
· Proven administrative and organisational skills
· Ability to be self-sufficient and work independently, particularly in the start-up phase of the Los Angeles branch
· Ability to work in fast-paced, high energy industry and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Have your own established contact base, to help with growth of the company
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to take initiative and responsibility when working alone
· Ability to work as part of a team
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· A strong interest in online media
· Good standard of computer literacy (Word, Excel, Wordpress)
· Education to degree level
· Fluency in another language
Salary: Competitive - dependent upon experience
WildKat is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘WildKat Los Angeles / PR Director application’ by 5pm on 30th November 2019.