New York, NY 10036
Playwrights Horizons is a writer's theater dedicated to the support and development of contemporary American playwrights, composers and lyricists, and to the production of their new work.
Digital Content Producer
Basic Job Function:
Shoot, edit, and produce video and audio content that tells compelling stories and engages the Playwrights Horizons’ digital audience. An opportunity to secure a steady portfolio of creative and challenging work while leaving time for other freelance projects.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
● Work directly with the Digital Content Producer to assist in producing video, audio, photo/graphic, animated, and additional branded digital native content;
● Assist/lead selected projects through any/all phases of production including creative development, pre-production, production/shooting, post-production, finishing/delivery;
● Capture original content as needed, covering events, capturing behind-the-scenes material, producing interviews, etc.;
● Edit video/audio;
● Create custom animations and design elements as necessary for projects, within the Playwrights Horizons brand identity;
● Collaborate with Digital Content Producer on creative development of assigned projects;
● Generate storyboards and creative briefs during project development phases;
● Attend performances, on-site meetings, and other company functions as assigned; occasional evening availability is desirable.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● 3 years of media production experience
● Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of video shooting and post-production including camera/audio operation, lighting, and location management.
● Fluent in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
● Must have knowledge of the latest production equipment (cameras, digital/tape workflows, lighting, and editorial).
● Ability to color correct and mix audio.
● Strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects at a time.
● High storytelling and design standards and a demonstrated ability to tell compelling visual stories.
Skills and Key Characteristics:
A collaborative and inquisitive spirit, excellent communication skills, positive attitude, self-motivation, and love of the arts are essential. The successful candidate will be a proactive, creative thinker looking to contribute to a high-achieving team in not-for-profit environment. You are passionate about design, innovation, and the performing arts, and the intersection thereof; and want to be involved in supporting daring artists and the development of their bold new work.
Playwright Horizons is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity in its staffing and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. The organization is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and portfolio/reel to firstname.lastname@example.org with Producer/Editor in the subject line.
This part time position pays $25