NEW YORK, NY 10036
No Guarantees LLC (Christine Schwarzman, Producer; Darren Edward Johnston, Associate Producer), a commercial production company dedicated to the development and production of both plays and musicals for the stage, is looking for one New York City-based Producing Assistant to be hired immediately. Candidate must have at least one year of experience in the administrative side of theater.
Ideal candidate will need to be detail-oriented, organized, intelligent, driven, and able to roll with the punches. The ability to multi-task under pressure is essential. This is not an entry-level position. Experience organizing large amounts of paperwork, booking travel, managing calendars, researching potential projects, and attention to detail is a must. As is, oh please oh please, a sense of humor.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Prioritizing correspondence (determining what can be handled independently).
· Managing producers’ calendars and scheduling meetings.
· Ensuring the producers have all materials for meetings.
· Arranging house seats and theatrical ticketing.
· Oversight of all deadlines (both of the producers and of the artists with whom we’re working).
· Researching theatrical projects for production and/or investment.
· Researching and purchasing Opening Night gifts.
· Attending occasional readings and workshops, as well as reading scripts.
· Coordinating the Associate Producer’s travel.
· Always asking, when a task has been completed, “is there anything else we can do in this moment to add value, in furtherance of No Guarantees’ goals?”
Aspiring and emerging producers are ENCOURAGED to apply. No Guarantees LLC is a start-up, with investments and co-producing roles in multiple Broadway shows, but which is presently developing the first major musicals it will lead produce. We are a small team. The Producing Assistant will be involved in almost everything. The position is designed to meet our administrative needs and, if those are satisfied, empower the assistant to take on more producing responsibility.
The assistant will report directly to the Associate Producer, Darren Edward Johnston.
To be considered you must have minimum of a Bachelor's degree and a year of assistant experience in theatrical administration. Must know standard industry phone and scheduling etiquette, and have extensive knowledge of Broadway and off-Broadway theatre.
No Guarantees LLC is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Email your cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
November 11, 2019 -
Competitive salary is commensurate with experience and includes additional compensation for purchase of benefits.