Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival
Cold Spring, NY 10516
The Production Carpenter works closely with the Facilities Manager, Props Master and other members of the Production Staff to build, load-in, run, and load-out all three mainstage productions in our 2020 Season. This position reports to the Director of Production.
· Fabricate, install, and maintain scenic and prop elements for all productions.
· Work with the Facilities Manager to load in and strike the Theater Tent.
· Responsible for safety, upkeep, and operations of all HVSF work spaces under the supervision of the Director of Production and Facilities Manager.
· Work with Master Electrician, Sound Supervisor, and Facilities Manager to oversee and execute the hang and installation of the stage grid and related elements.
· Member of the stage crew; the Production Carpenter will be responsible for leading the deck crew for all mainstage shows.
· Oversee and support the Production Internship program, in collaboration with other Department Heads and the Education Department.
· Demonstrated skills of theatrical carpentry, welding, rigging, automation, knot-tying, soft goods, scenic props, basic scenic paints.
· Working knowledge of theatrical rigging practices and chain motor rigging
· Complete understanding of backstage etiquette. A good working knowledge of technical theatre practices
· Valid Drivers’ license and clean DMV record.
· This position is physical in nature and required to work outdoors. The ability to climb ladders, lifts, reach above head. Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, push, pull and lift up to 75 pounds and work outside, exposed to the elements.
· This Production Carpenter is required to be in residence in the Hudson Valley from May through September. Housing and transportation are provided.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 10, 2020
HVSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all candidates to apply.
May 4, 2020 - September 25, 2020