J&M Special Effects
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Production Coordinator and Special Effect Technician
J&M Special Effects is searching for a Production Coordinator and Special Effect Technician. The job entails supporting office staff, sales department, project managers, and designers with coordination, management, organizing, and communicating with technicians and staff within J&M and with clients. Projects are extremely varied. J&M works in all areas of entertainment from Broadway & theater productions, events, film and television, small photo shoots, and more.
Skills and knowledge of how entertainment production works is a must.
The Job requires many of the following:
· 7 years experience in production entertainment.
· Knowledge of entertainment or Theater production including systems, show control, special effect equipment, lighting equipment, automation, pneumatics and more.
· Ability to put together a production project from top to bottom
· Budget management
· Good communication skills face to face, on the phone, and digitally
· Leadership skills
· Listening skills and being a team player
· Paperwork and computer skills
· Computer Drafting (CAD or Vectorworks)
· Basic knowledge of show control consoles
· Knowledge of how to staff an event.
· Curiosity in problem solving
· Kindness, Patience, Enthusiasm, and A sense of humor
June 19, 2017 -