Second Stage Theater
New York, NY 10036
Second Stage Theater seeks a Production Coordinator to join the Production Management team to execute all
elements of production over the theater’s three spaces with an eye towards technical coordination/direction.
Second Stage Theater produces an adventurous range of premieres, musicals, bold new interpretations of contemporary plays, and unique theatrical experiences from America’s most dynamic writers of the 21st century. Through the discovery of emerging talent, the commissioning of new work, and the creation of a training base for directors, Second Stage reflects the diverse city and the world we live in today and reaches an ever‐growing audience through its Broadway runs, national tours and regional productions. Second Stage is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and strongly encourages all interested parties to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Attend all staff meetings and report on production department activity.
- Attend all production meetings; take and distribute production meeting notes.
- Responsible for coordinating communication and technical drawings between design teams and sharing documentation with Lighting, Sound, Scenery, and other departments.
- Supervise work calls and attend Technical rehearsals as needed. Schedule to be determined by Production Manager.
- Work with Production Manager to build and update production calendars and track scheduling.
- Schedule trucking and permitting for load in and load outs.
- Assist with Development events and special events including Gala and Opening Nights.
- Design and execute technical challenges / special effects for productions as desired by designers within the means of off Broadway or off off Broadway resources.
- Represent the rest of the Production Department during any absence including occasionally being first oncall for emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned by Production Manager or General Manager.
Key Abilities / Qualifications
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Aptitude towards budgeting and financially minded
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- General computer skills with a solid understanding of MS Excel and CAD Drawings.
- Knowledge of current theatrical technology and system design for Lighting and Sound.
- Ability to solve technical problems with creative, MacGyver like, solutions.
- BA/BFA in Theater or related years of experience
This is a full‐time, salaried, position. Generous benefit package including health/dental insurance, paid time off, Summer Fridays, and 401(k) included. Nights and Weekend work is required. For more information on Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.
To apply: email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with subject line: Production Coordinator. No phone calls, please.
September 4, 2018 -