The Sheen Center for Thought and Culture
New York, NY 10012
The Sheen Center’s Production Coordinator (SCPC) is responsible for the advancing and execution of Sheen Center (SC) and rental productions. He or she uses their broad understanding of all production elements to ensure that all communications and systems within the production department are executed to the highest standards.
The SCPC has experience in some – and familiarity in all – of the following: lighting, sound and theatrical computer systems, rigging, theater safety, and building maintenance. He or she is often the first point of contact with clients and is able to effectively assess client needs and explain SC production capabilities, rules and protocols in order to ensure a successful event.
The SCPC assists the Production Manager with the hiring, staffing and coordination of all part-time production staff, and ensures that the staff is well trained and current with all equipment.
Reports To: Production Manager
Essential Job Functions:
· Interfaces with the Programming department to ensure that timely and critical information for all events is entered into Event Pro and communicated effectively to the Production department.
· Interfaces with incoming rental clients to determine technical and staffing needs;
· Maintains a working knowledge of all SC technical capabilities and limitations pertaining to sound, lights, video, projections, etc. Upholds and enforces the policies outlined in the SC Usage Policy.
· Works to maintain excellent technical facilities and customer service to ensure a safe, positive experience for all renters, visitors, and patrons to the Sheen Center.
· Attends meetings with clients and internal SC staff to ensure that there is clarity and efficient/ effective planning of all production needs related to Sheen Center events.
· Acts as crew chief during SC-produced events.
· When necessary, fill in as stage manager or board op for SC-produced events.
· Assists the Production Manager in maintaining current production part-time hire lists and continuously seeks out new technicians to maintain a highly qualified pool of production technicians.
Requirements and Necessary Skills:
At least 5 years of production management or venue management experience in a multi discipline arts environment.
Has particular expertise in theater technology, preferably in lighting or sound, and a willingness and ability to expand their knowledge beyond their field in order to better coordinate with part-time staff and rental companies.
Excellent communications skills that result in clear and effective interactions with Sheen clients.
A working knowledge of Vectorworks and the ability to modify and update draftings as necessary.
Has a strong understanding of business practices to ensure that all budgeting, acquisitions and rate schedules are adhered to and executed properly.
Flexible schedule and willingness to work some nights and weekends.
Strong commitment to the Sheen Center mission.
September 3, 2019 -