Production & Facilities Manager Description
Classic Stage Company
New York, NY 10003
Classic Stage Company (CSC) is an award-winning Off-Broadway theater committed to reimagining classic stories for contemporary audiences. It is a home for New York’s finest established and emerging artists to grapple with great works of the world’s repertory that speak directly to the issues of today.
CSC is seeking a Full Time Production Manager for its upcoming 2018-19 Season. Candidate should have a working knowledge of all aspects of technical theater, preferably 3-5 years prior experience. While they will work closely with general management, they should be able to work independently including monitoring workflow. Must be a collaborator and be able to approach potential problems with creative solutions and a good sense of humor.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Develop production calendars and design deadlines; schedule and lead production meetings; ensure strong communication between artistic, production and management
- With General Management, oversee production budgets and cash flows; oversee all outside vendor bids; track all production and facility expenses
- Hire and supervise all stage management, technical crew and other production support positions, including crew heads for all departments for load in/strike; manage all technical payrolls
- Oversee theater maintenance; making repairs when possible and coordinate with contractors for building issues that require specialization.
- Manage inventories and building systems, including ensuring that the theater is current with all city requirements.
- Must be able to trouble shoot and creatively problem solve
This is a full time, (EOE) position with competitive salary and benefits. The position requires evening and weekend hours. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Candidates must have 3-5 years of experience, including at least 1 year in a managerial position. Please submit cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Production and Facilities Manager in subject line. No phone calls please.
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to jobs...
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.