Florida Studio Theatre
Sarasota, FL 34235
Florida Studio Theatre, a LORT D regional theatre in Sarasota, FL is seeking a Production Intern for the 2019-2020 Season.
Serve on run crew for a minimum of 2 productions. In addition may work in Stage Management for small productions and events; assist on lighting and sound calls; work in the scene shop and costume shops depending on skill level. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to increase their skill level in multiple areas of theatre production.
FST's intern program is an immersive and comprehensive way to bridge the gap between academic theatre and the professional world and to provide additional training and experience to those individuals who are serious about careers as theatre professionals. Applicants must have a strong passion for theatre, a desire to learn more about professional theatre and an interest in being a part of a community of artists.
Compensation package includes:
• Free, furnished shared housing, including utiilities, cable, and internet.
• $120 weekly stipend.
• 25% discount at The Green Room Cafe + Bar.
• Two comp tickets to each FST production.
• Professional development, networking opportunities, and admission to FST classes + workshops.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
• Be at least 21 years old.
• Have appropriate academic and/or professional experience.
• Be able to relocate to Sarasota for the length of the internship.
If interested, please submit resume, cover letter and list of 3 references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Florida Studio Theatre is committed to developing a work environment that is reflective of the diverse community that it serves. Applicants from all populations and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Consideration for employment will be given to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, gender identity/sexual orientation, age or ability.
December 16, 2019 - August 30, 2020
Stipend of $120/Week