Children's Musical Theater San Jose
San Jose, CA 95126
CMT San Jose, one of the nation’s leading theaters for young performers, seeks a Production Manager to join its staff for the upcoming season.
CMT, founded in 1968, produces ten musicals a year at the Montgomery Theater in downtown San Jose, CA. CMT also produces four special events, studio classes, in-school programs, and a summer camp with an annual budget of $2.4 million.
- Working with directors, designers, volunteers, IATSE crew, and performers from season selection thru performance to maintain a high level of both quality onstage and in the experience for all participants
- Manage the technical needs for each of the productions as well as within the CMT facility
- Supervise stage management, lighting, sound, video, props, costumes, and hair and makeup departments
- Manage Master Calendar
- Arrange for rental equipment as needed for performances and events
- Maintain CMT owned production gear
- Serve as liaison with performance venue management
- Administer all IATSE work requests and payroll
- Recruit and hire designers and area coordinators
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in technical theater, with at least 2 years of management experience
- Knowledge of and experience with multiple production departments (lighting, sound, props, costumes, hair & makeup, stage management, video)
- Experience developing and tracking budgets
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication
- The demonstrated ability to collaborate while remaining calm under pressure
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
The position is full time with benefits and paid vacation. The Production Manager will be expected to work a flexible schedule which will include some nights and weekends.
CMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, familial status, or sexual orientation.
For more information on CMT San Jose, visit www.cmtsj.org.
August 30, 2019 -