Long Wharf Theatre
New Haven, CT 06511
Classifications: Seasonal, Full-Time, Exempt
Direct Reports: Assistant Properties Manager, Properties Carpenter, Properties Runner, Properties Artisan, and Properties Overhire
Long Wharf Theatre (LWT), an Equal Opportunity Employer, seeks applicants for Properties Manager. You will be responsible for the build and/or acquisition of properties and weaponry; supervise the properties staff and overhire for the build and run; collaborate with directors and designers to ensure that the artistic vision of each production remains within the available resources of time, budget, personnel, and LWT’s mission, vision, and values.Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
• Collaborate with Scenic Designers and Directors in the research, acquisition, and creation of properties and weaponry for productions.
• Handle the budget for the build and maintenance of scenic props, hand props, and set dressing.
• Schedule shopping and build process for each production and non-show projects.
• Respond to daily rehearsal and show reports as needed.
• Assemble, prepare, and deliver rehearsal and/or show props to designated rehearsal spaces daily during the rehearsal process.
• Attend all technical rehearsals, production meetings, and weekly production department meetings.
• Coordinate load-in and strikes with other departments.
• Implement safety standards and preventative maintenance projects.
• Hire and Supervise all properties personnel.
• Additional duties as assigned by the DOP.
• Develop and Maintain Properties Budgets in collaboration with DOP for all materials, perishables, and labor.
• Management of credit card accounts and petty cash.
• Manage storage and inventory of all tools, equipment, and stock.
• Plan for future equipment or personnel needs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Theatre or equivalent experience in props at a LORT Theatre; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to lift 50 pounds; a valid driver’s license required with a clean driving record (subject to a background check); knowledge and expertise of up-to-date properties techniques including stage firearms and weaponry. You have the ability to understand the work and needs of the department, anticipate potential problems and propose timely solutions. Job requires high standards, a strong sense of responsibility, and working nights and weekends ability to operate well under pressure, with a positive and dedicated problem-solving attitude; to represent LWT in a professional manner; ability to manage, supervise, and motivate staff. We value a safe, positive, and productive team-oriented work environment. Salary +benefits. Dates: July 10, 2017 – May 20, 2018 with possible extension. Send letter, resume, and references to: Attn: Human Resources, 222 Sargent Drive, New Haven, CT, FAX (203) 776-2287, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
July 10, 2017 - May 20, 2018