Queens-based Unity Stage Seeks After-School Musical Theater Teaching Artists
Unity Stage Company
Sunnyside, NY 11104
Teaching Artist Positions to Begin Week of September 16!
We are looking to ADD several energetic Teaching Artists to lead our 2nd Season of sessions for Serious Fun After-School (SF). We're also looking for a few SUBS to fill out our roster, so if you have occasional availability please send us your resume.
We are seeking:
- Teaching Artists with availability from 3:30-5pm on weekdays. The program begins the week of September 16 and continues through early June.
- Please tell us which days of the week you are available. If you have availability from 2:30pm-5pm, please also let us know that in your cover letter.
- We are looking for TAs who shine working with elementary school-aged children in the areas of Acting, or Singing and/or Dancing. We expect Singing TAs to play piano well enough to teach the music.
- We are looking for TAs with patience, good humor, and experience in classroom management, who are dependable and motivated.
- Our Teaching Artists are required by Serious Fun After-School to complete paperwork, and submit fingerprints and current TB testing, in order to satisfy regulations by the NYC Board of Health. Upon completion of these requirements, Unity Stage will compensate TAs with a $200 stipend, separate from TA regular pay which is $80 per 90-minute after-school session.
- (For any TAs interested and available between 2:30-3:30pm, SF will pay TAs an additional $30 to supervise (not teach) kids during that hour. (This is not required to work as TA for Unity Stage, it's just an add'l opportunity for anyone interested.)
- Bachelor’s degree in acting/vocal music/dance
- 2+ years of teaching experience with kids in grades K-5, also Pre-K if you have it
September 16, 2019 - June 12, 2020
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to 0000016c-7782-d3d6-a96f-7fd6f0120000...
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.