The Public Theater
New York, NY 10003
The Public Theater/New York Shakespeare Festival is seeking applicants for the position of Seasonal Assistant Costume Shop Manager. This seasonal staff position will work with the Costume Master and the Costume Shop Manager on all productions performing at the five theaters located in the Public Theater as well as the Delacorte Theater’s Free Shakespeare in Central Park. The position starts May 13, 2019.
· Generate show budgets and monitor production spending accounts
· Create and coordinate load-in and load-out schedules for assigned productions
· Assist the design teams in meeting costume needs for all assigned productions
· Organize and supply ancillary work spaces
· Manage rental contracts and outside vendors for all assigned productions.
· Attend production meetings for all assigned productions
· Attend all show fittings and communicate all notes to costume shop.
· Serve as liaison for all cross-departmental issues on assigned productions.
· Help manage freelance crew as necessary.
The applicant should have at least 3 years costume shop/wardrobe crew management experience, a strong background in costume construction, the facility to develop and maintain costume budgets, the ability to supervise a free-lance staff of costume and wardrobe technicians, strong organizational and communication skills and work well under pressure. This is a seasonal position.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.