Situation helps brands build passionate communities through digital-first marketing strategies. Since our founding in 2001, we’ve worked with some of the world’s leading brands including Stoli Vodka, The Metropolitan Opera, HBO, Major League Soccer, Wicked, National Geographic, Dear Evan Hansen, Mean Girls, Meals on Wheels and The Ad Council. Our competitive edge continues to be our ability to develop and leverage proprietary insights gathered from joining the front lines of the world’s most passionate brand communities. Our work spans creative, media, communications, and technology solutions for a wide range of industries. Situation has also been honored with numerous workplace awards from Crain’s, Best Companies Group, Cynopsis, Digiday, and Fortune.
If you’re looking for a work environment that values big ideas, diverse voices, and above all, its people, you will love working here.
We are seeking a Senior Copywriter with experience developing creative concepts for multi-channel/integrated campaigns, digital storytelling, social media and content development to join our Creative Team. Working with nearly every department in the agency as a member of our Content group, you embody the enviable trifecta of inventive thinker, impeccable writer and passionate leader. You’ll seek out, concept and execute new content ideas, from massive projects to single tweets.
You thrive on discovering new opportunities to help our clients shine, and you have a blast doing it. The right candidate is well-versed in the digital and entertainment space; think theater, movies and television. This includes staying in the know about newly-emerging (or dying) platforms and industry trends. This position reports to the Content Supervisor.
To find out what it's really like to be a Copywriter at Situation, listen to our Spotlight Podcast here!
THIS JOB IS PERFECT IF YOU:
- Love being a visionary: concepting, brainstorming and envisioning ginormous ideas.
- Are comfortable with a wide spectrum of writing, from social media to taglines to landing pages to email blasts to video scripts and anything in between
- Revel in the nitty-gritty of execution, including spelling, grammar and hashtags
- Collaborate like a boss. A collaborative kind of boss, not a dictator-y kind of boss
- Kick ass with clients, establishing their trust and effortlessly guiding them through the creative process like the superb ringleader you are
- Never a miss a thing; you scoured this posting and know that we want you to slip #TBT in your cover letter.
- Live and breathe all things digital, including social media and mobile
- Are crazy comfortable with the unknown: tackling new platforms and unforeseen challenges
- Have a passion for clients in the arts, culture and entertainment space
- Have a portfolio of interesting and varied work to prove all of the above
(If you are missing some of these, but are awesome, we encourage you to apply.)
- 5+ years of writing experience, agency preferred
- A professional portfolio chock full o’ relevant work that will delight us
- A brain that is a vast and impenetrable vault of English language rules
- The savvy to break those rules when necessary
- Experience presenting to clients and leading internal teams
- Strong understanding of social platforms and the content approaches for each
- Knowledge of current industry thinking on creative content strategy and execution
While we offer a competitive salary and benefits for the position, we also offer a range of perks for mind, body and spirit that have continued to put us among the best places to work. Three we think you'll enjoy the most:
Situation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Access to the best entertainment NYC has to offer: free museum admission, the best seats on Broadway and other see-it-to-believe-it experiences
- Summer Fridays (half days) from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Free Dunkin’ Donuts card and snacks in the kitchen
APPLY. YES, THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU.