The Public Theater
New York, NY 10003
Lead the strategic and operational execution of the Information Technology department in support of the goals and strategies set by senior management. Develop organizational IT policies and systems that address internal business initiatives and priorities.
• Provide strong leadership and business acumen, as well as data and analytical skills and relationship-building capabilities to inspire the organization around common goals, vision and values for IT and significant business systems.
• Develop and establish an annual and 3-year strategic plan for IT infrastructure and software capabilities for current and future organizational needs. Communicate strategy to personnel and senior management to ensure alignment.
• Partner with stakeholders to develop and implement data integration and analytics strategy. Participate in defining and implementing data architecture and a company-wide strategy for data storage, processing, analysis and mining.
• Serve as champion for data management, security, governance and quality across the organization.
• Establish an architecture for a collection of integrated decision-support applications and databases, providing the organization better access to data.
• Lead, mentor and enhance the IT team to ensure IT-related services scale and support growth in existing and future organizational initiatives.
Planning, Oversight and Project Management
• Oversee day-to-day operations for IT-related services, including core tools, networking, business systems, end-user technologies, security and IT service management to ensure business continuity and information security.
• Prioritize maintenance and improvement of IT infrastructure and capabilities in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Assess availability, performance, capacity and utilization of IT-related services. Monitor, manage, and ultimately prevent service failures and/or degradations.
• Provide first-rate IT, WiFi and telephone infrastructure to enable employees to seamlessly accomplish their daily tasks regardless of location.
• Collaborate with others to facilitate business needs definition, workflow design and integration of processes and technology into effective IT solutions.
• Act as project lead for the implementation of all new IT infrastructure and organization-wide business systems implementations. Steer the planning of IT-related projects. Regularly and effectively communicate with key project stakeholders, keeping them advised of project progress and generally making IT activities transparent to stakeholders.
• Take ownership of IT and data security across the organization and lead IT-related compliance. Oversee contingency planning and IT security and compliance by establishing controls and processes in support of data security, SOX and other relevant regulatory requirements.
• Manage vendors, consultants and overall budget for IT.
• Maintain ongoing knowledge of industry trends and ability to utilize that knowledge to determine the most efficient ways to meet business needs.
• BA/BS in Information Technology or related field of study or experience equivalent. Master’s Degree preferred (MBA or MS).
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Information Technology, with at least 10 years in a leadership role managing and mentoring a team of IT professionals.
• Experience at an organization with 200+ FT employees and a large population of PT/temporary employees.
• Ability to adapt to increasing scope and complexity of work brought on by growth/change and help others manage through change.
• Ability to identify impediments to complex business issues and provide timely and cost-effective solutions.
• Prior experience and record of accomplishment leading cross functional teams and delivering on schedule.
• Prior experience in successfully implementing, utilizing and leveraging outsourcing strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong business cases and present ideas and recommendations at the Executive level and taking full project ownership in a fast-paced, mission-critical environment.
• Experience in the most current technologies and products used in the industry with an emphasis on Cloud/SaaS provided solutions.
• Solid technical knowledge to be able to successfully ensure project scope and fit technology for applications, networking and information systems strategic roadmap.
• Experience with evaluating, implementing and managing data management platforms, cloud computing (AWS), document control software, on-site storage solutions and IT vendor services.
• Practical understanding of relational database design and development.
• Strong written, oral and public speaking communication skills. Comfortable communicating at every organizational level and experience regularly interacting with senior and C-level executives.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office365 administration required. Knowledge of iOS a plus.
• Excellent technical and functional knowledge of HP, Cisco, Meraki, Hyper-V and Palo Alto software & equipment.
• Experience with on Prem and Cloud-based backup environments required.
• Microsoft Azure, Active Directory, and ADFS experience required.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is an Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org