Senior Graphic Designer
American Conservatory Theater
San Francisco, CA 94108
American Conservatory Theater has an immediate opening for a talented and motivated Senior Graphic Designer to manage the organization’s in-house design team. Our three-member team is passionate about design, and committed to creating concept-driven, imaginative, and relevant pieces that live up to A.C.T.’s high standards of creativity. The graphic design team operates within A.C.T.’s marketing department.
- Supervise a team of two including the graphic designer and graphic design fellow, which includes managing the workload and schedule of the graphics department members, in consultation with the Director of Marketing
- Conceptualizing and designing original art for A.C.T.’s season brochure, show art, and annual Gala, as well as postcards, brochures, environmental graphics, programs, logos, advertisements, web assets and invitations for A.C.T.’s mainstage productions, Conservatory classes and productions, and Development department
- Overseeing the design process for all projects, which includes meeting with internal clients, presenting concepts, and ensuring on-time delivery of materials
- Responsible for seeing all projects through to completion, from concept and design to production.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, with supervisory and/or management experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator) required; After Effects and Premiere Pro experience is a plus
- Strong, conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of design capabilities, with emphasis on typography, illustration, and editorial/layout design
- Able to problem solve and find multiple design solutions, especially under narrow parameters or strict budget restraints
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills in order to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Successfully manages their time, work flow, and schedule in order to meet strict deadlines
- Able to focus, with a keen attention to detail
- Possess solid presentation, listening, and communication skills (experience with client management, a plus)
- Ability to efficiently organize, prioritize, and multi-task
- Interpersonal skills: communicates clearly, takes direction well
- Self-driven, proactive, and a team player
- Must take pride in their work and be passionate about design
APPLY BY POSTAL SERVICE30 Grant Ave, 7th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to hrmarketing...
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.