The Peoples Improv Theater
New York, NY 10010
The Peoples Improv Theater seeks a Senior House Manager to oversee nightly operations and ensure a safe enjoyable environment for patrons.
Job duties include scheduling house managers and maintenance staff at both PIT locations in Flatiron and Chelsea. Position also oversees work study program scheduling.
Ideal candidate is highly organized self-starter with leadership experience in FOH theater operations and special events. Candidate must work well under pressure with a wide variety of customers and colleagues. Position is responsible for maintaining safety procedures/records and ensure all employees are continually trained on these guidelines. Ideal candidate is comfortable making split second decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have experience at a theater and/or performing arts center
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience managing employees, providing supervision and feedback as well as exceptional customer experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with employee development and recruiting
- Must be a team player with the ability to manage up and down
- Enforcing PIT and FDNY safety procedures
- Scheduling house management staff
- Developing and maintaining safety training
- Growing a team-oriented FOH staff
- Maintaining a clean and safe facility
Position is part-time and must be able to work nights and/or weekends.
$16/hr to start plus tips.
Please send resume and cover letter via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Peoples Improv Theater is an award-winning comedy theater established in 2002. The main theater is located at 123 E 24th St in the Flatiron District. A second stage known as The PIT Loft is located at 154 W 29 St in Chelsea.
$16/hr + Tips