New York, NY 10018
Show-Score is the leading online community of NYC theater fans, with close to 300,000 members, 65% of whom live outside the NYC area. These national members are asking us to bring Show-Score to their local communities, so we can help them discover shows they’ll love in their own backyard. The first community, in partnership with the New Jersey Theater Alliance is Show-Score New Jersey.
We’re therefore looking for a Show-Score New Jersey Theater Liaison. You will:
● Work closely with the New Jersey partner theaters to help them maximize the value they can get from Show-Score through:
○ The most up-to-date listings
○ Clear messaging in their emails, programs, and collateral encouraging their audiences to score shows
○ Show-Score’s free and paid marketing, promotional, and ticketing programs
○ The use of Show-Score member reviews in their own marketing collateral
○ Regular communication through emails, phone calls, webinars, and in-person meetings
● Coordinate closely with Show-Score’s operations department to implement programs
● Build a strong sense of community among local Show-Score members
○ Host member events at theaters across the state, welcoming our members and hosting them for post-show drinks and conversation
○ Engage members about Show-Score, how they use it, and how they can get the best out of Show-Score through its features and services
○ Create content for a local email newsletter that contains about 5-7 pithy bullet points about what to see and why, which will be sent each week.
● Build Show-Score New Jersey’s member community
○ Work with Show-Score’s marketing department to use social media, emails, in-person events to grow Show-Score’s NJ audience base
○ Scout for special opportunities to spread the word about Show-Score
○ Introduce new audiences to Show-Score by signing up new members at Show-Score events
○ Suggest content for emails and social media outreach by keeping a close eye on partner theaters and the whole NJ eco-system
To be successful in this role, you need to be:
● A passionate theater fan, ideally with wide-ranging taste and curiosity, who is already fully up to speed on the New Jersey theater scene.
● An excellent relationship-builder, who can help partner theaters maximize their use of and presence on Show-Score
● A strong communicator who can both keep partner theaters abreast of updates to Show-Score’s programs and can communicate the theater’s needs to their colleagues at Show-Score
● A collaborative personality who can work well with Show-Score’s marketing and operations departments to implement programs and spread the word about Show-Score in New Jersey
● Very organized, and relish meeting deadlines on a consistent basis without direction, after initial training
● A connector who enjoys hosting real-world get-togethers that welcome all perspectives and viewpoints
● Familiar with (or quickly learn) tools that include Google Docs, Trello and Slack.
You don’t need any special education or work experience to succeed in this role. That said, experience and contacts in your local theater community are a plus.
This is a paid, part-time role with a high degree of flexibility (but firm deadlines). The expectation for the role is 10-20 hours a week at $15/hour to start.
If this sounds interesting, please send your resume and a cover letter that describes why you’re a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org.