Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts
Katonah, NY 10536
Special Events Assistant
Caramoor is seeking a Special Events Assistant to join their team. This role is part-time averaging 30 hours a week with potential for additional hours during the peak season.
About Caramoor: Caramoor is a cultural landmark and non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of its audiences through innovative and diverse musical performances of the highest quality, mentoring young professional musicians, and engaging young children through interactive educational experiences that deepen their relationship to and understanding of music. It’s also a pretty great place to work. For more information about Caramoor please go to www.caramoor.com
About the Job: The Special Events Assistant supports the Director of Special Events and works closely with the Development team, by assisting with the management and coordination of the company’s extensive year-round special events and hospitality.
· Provide onsite support during event.
· Assist in managing and maintaining all events files, including project timelines, marketing collateral, vendor contracts, guest lists, sponsor prospects lists, etc.
· Maintain responses and commitments for all fundraising events utilizing Excel and Raiser’s Edge/Events Module.
· Act as the point person leading up to and on day of select events between staff and vendors.
· Assist with the production of non-revenue generating events such as:
§ Cultivation Dinners and Stewardship Events, hosted by trustees and donors,
§ Rosen Society Dinner, Friends’ Garden Party, Intermission and Post-Concert Receptions,
§ All-audience Afterglows, Symphony Court, and other hospitality related functions.
· Assist with the maintenance of the master calendar of company’s hospitality services required throughout the year.
· Support post-production tasks such as event follow up, thank you letters, and final income/expense reconciliation.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Experience and Education: Two plus (2+) years of experience in event planning and/or fundraising in a nonprofit setting. BA/BS in related field preferred. Command of MS Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Working knowledge of Raisers Edge database or similar system is preferred.
· Customer Service & Communication: Must have a friendly and professional attitude and work well with the public to navigate different personality types among stakeholders including, guests, seasonal staff, patrons, VIP donors, artists, senior management team & Board of Trustees. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Collaboration: Ability to work as part of the Caramoor family in a positive and professional manner. Willingness to be very hands-on and flexible to work on a variety of assigned tasks.
· Administrative: Ability to maintain confidential information; highly organized and detail oriented with a strong work ethic. Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and new opportunities.
· Values & Culture Fit: Demonstrated passion for music or the arts preferred; have an appreciation for creating an environment of inspiration of music for all patrons; and have a strong commitment to Caramoor’s mission and values.
· Working Conditions: Ability to work during weekends and evenings as needed for special events Ability to work in a busy environment, maneuver outdoors (in all weather conditions) on 90 acres of woodland trails, gravel path ways and spectacular gardens. Ability to lift/move up to 25lbs. Ability to assist with set up and breakdown for events. Valid driver’s license.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Special Event Assistant” in the subject line. We will contact only candidates being considered for the role. No phone calls, please.
At Caramoor, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace. Caramoor is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO); this means that all aspects of employment, including recruiting, advertising, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoffs, disciplinary action and discharge shall be conducted on the basis of qualification and ability without regard to race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, color, age, gender, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by law.